|Alma mater||Arizona State University (PhD)|
|Awards||NSF Career Award (2019) |
ACM SIGKDD Rising Star Award (2020)
|Institutions||Michigan State University|
|Thesis||Computing Distrust in Social Media (2015)|
|Doctoral advisor||Huan Liu|
|Add a Photo|
Jiliang Tang is a Computer Scientist and Assistant Professor at Michigan State University in the Computer Science and Engineering Department, where he is the director of the Data Science and Engineering (DSE) Lab. His research expertise is in data mining and machine learning.
Education and career
He received his BEng in software engineering (2008) and MSc in computer science (2010) from the Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing, China. His PhD is from Arizona State University (2015). After gaining his PhD, he worked as a research scientist at Yahoo Labs (2015–16) before joining Michigan State University as an assistant professor (2016). His research has received over thirteen thousand citations documented by Google Scholar with an h-index of 58, and has received coverage in the media.
He has received the 2020 ACM SIGKDD Rising Star Award that "aims to celebrate the early accomplishments of the SIGKDD communities' brightest new minds", NSF Career Award, and Michigan State University's Distinguished Withrow Research Award.
- Jiliang Tang, Huan Liu. Trust in Social Media, Morgan & Claypool Publishers
- Jiliang Tang (PDF), Michigan State University, retrieved December 22, 2020
- "Dr. Jiliang Tang's Google Scholar Page".
- "5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook".
- "It's possible to reverse-engineer AI chatbots to spout nonsense, smut or sensitive information".
- "ACM SIGKDD Rising Star Award".
- "NSF Award Abstract #1845081".
- "Michigan State Universities 2020 Withrow Scholars".
This article "Jiliang Tang" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.