Jeffrey K. West
Jeffrey K. West
|Add a Photo|
|Born||April 1950 (age 73)|
Solihull, West Midlands
|Education||Doctorate in Medieval art and architecture|
|Alma mater||Courtauld Institute of Art|
|Occupation||Architects and specialist in historical buildings|
|Spouse(s)||Jane E. Edwards|
Dr Jeffrey K. West FSA (born April 1950) is a British specialist in historical buildings and artefacts with a concentration on ecclesiastical buildings.
West completed a postgraduate degree at the Courtauld Institute of Art, following which he was awarded a Doctorate in Medieval art and architecture.
West is currently Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Stained Glass Museum at Ely Cathedral, a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society, and on 5 May 1989 was elected a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London. Throughout his career, he has held posts including Senior Advisor on the Statutory Advisory Committee on Closed and Closing Churches.
West has published and collaborated on several articles on architectural features and patrons for Grove Art Online, the online edition of the Macmillan Dictionary of Art.
"Byzantine Blossom", Grove Art Online (2003)
"Anthemion", Grove Art Online (2003)
"Henry of Blois", Grove Art Online (2003)
"Romanesque", Grove Art Online (2003).
Photographs attributed to West are held in the Conway Collection at the Courtauld Institute of Art, London. This collection comprises images of secular and ecclesiastical buildings and is currently being digitised as part of a wider project, Courtauld Connects.
West was born in April 1950 in Solihull, West Midlands. In July 1974 he married Jane E. Edwards.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Trustees The Stained Glass Museum, Ely". thestainedglassmuseum.com. Retrieved 2020-09-08.
- ↑ "Dr Jeffrey West". Society of Antiquaries of London. Retrieved 2020-09-08.
- ↑ "Byzantine blossom". Grove Art Online. doi:10.1093/gao/9781884446054.001.0001/oao-9781884446054-e-7000012839#oao-9781884446054-e-7000012839. Retrieved 2020-09-08.
- ↑ "Anthemion". Grove Art Online. doi:10.1093/gao/9781884446054.001.0001/oao-9781884446054-e-7000003162. Retrieved 2020-09-08.
- ↑ "Henry of Blois". Grove Art Online. doi:10.1093/gao/9781884446054.001.0001/oao-9781884446054-e-7000037602. Retrieved 2020-09-08.
- ↑ "Romanesque". Grove Art Online. doi:10.1093/gao/9781884446054.001.0001/oao-9781884446054-e-7000072835. Retrieved 2020-09-08.
- ↑ "Who made the Conway Library?". Digital Media. 2020-06-30. Retrieved 2020-09-08.
- ↑ England and Wales, Civil Registration of Birth Index, 1916-2005.
- ↑ England and Wales, Civil Registration of Marriage Index, 1916-2005.
This article "Jeffrey K. West" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.