|Add a Photo|
|Born||June 13, 1983|
Arondizuogu, Imo State, Nigeria
|Alma mater||Adamawa State University, Mubi (ADSU)|
Jeff Okoroafor (Jeff Ifeanyi Okoroafor on 13 June 1983) is a Nigerian blogger, political analyst, human rights activist, good governance and social accountability advocate. A leading member of the Chibok schoolgirls kidnapping. An ICT specialist and the Managing Director of SetFron Limited, a multimedia development company that is headquartered in Abuja, Nigeria. Okoroafor currently serves as a member of the National Technical Committee on the Establishment and Management of Database of Missing Persons in Nigeria.
Okoroafor is the Managing Director of SetFron Limited. In the past five years, Okoroafor has served as a professional consultant for companies and organizations like Optic HiTech & Services Limited, Kelly Benedict International, Startup Soar, HemInfotech PVT, Earthclips Music, Greno Fashion World Limited, and the FCT High Court Abuja.
In 2018, as a spin-off of the Chibok schoolgirls kidnapping, Okoroafor founded Citizens Affair, a non-governmental not-for-profit Citizen Report Cards initiative that conceptualizes, mobilize, and train activists and community builders to assist individuals, groups and communities to not just hold their leaders (governments) accountable but to also through the Citizen Report Cards initiative, participate in providing a view on the quality of public services they receive from the government.
Okoroafor co-established the African Youths Advancement & Support Initiative, a non-governmental, not-for-profit advocacy organization focused on providing scholarship to students especially girls from low-income homes.
Jeff Okoroafor was born in 1983, in Arondizuogu, Imo State, Nigeria, to HRH Eze Chris Ikechukwu Okoroafor (Late) and Florence Okoroafor. The seventh child in a family of eight. Was involved in a ghastly car accident in 1994 which claimed the lives of his two sisters. He is a first-class graduate of computer science from Adamawa State University. He also holds a postgraduate diploma degree in computer science from the African University of Science and Technology, and a certificate in Public Sector Management from Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration.
In November 2018, Okoroafor was involved in a drawn-out battle with the office of the National Security Advisor (Nigeria) after he was allegedly threatened with a pistol by an agent of the NSA security force. According to Okoroafor, the unidentified NSA security agent "pulled out his pistol and threatened to shoot" because Okoroafor's car was blocking his. His petition to the Office of the NSA followed a protest march demanding among other things - an immediate investigation of the issue, and application of appropriate sanction where necessary. Also, issuance of an unreserved apology to him for the assault and threat to his life by the security agent. The NSA after days of investigations, relieved the security agent of his job, invited Okoroafor and his team to a meeting where they verbally apologized to him for the conduct of the Officer.
Awards and nominations
In 2013, Okoroafor's project - Opinion Nigeria, won the Youth Innovators award organized by the World Summit Awards and earned his co-founder, Vintagesam Okoroafor, a special stage on the Body's Hall of Fame. Okoroafor also got selected as a Young African Leader in the 2015 leadership program of the Barack Obama signature initiative, the Young African Leaders Initiative, YALI.
- Searcey, Dionne. "Boko Haram Video Appears to Show Bodies of Kidnapped Girls". New York Times. Retrieved 19 October 2020.
- Okoroafor, Jeff. "Managing Director". SetFron Limited. Retrieved 19 October 2020.
- "NHRC, BBOG to establish databank of missing persons in Nigeria". 9 June 2016. Retrieved 23 October 2020.
- "A professional IT Consultant since 2013". FCT High Court, Abuja. Retrieved 19 October 2020.
- Apallo, Publishers. "Jeff Okoroafor - Co-founder of the African Youths Advancement & Support Initiative, AfriYasi". Apallo pubishers. Retrieved 23 October 2020.
- SaharaReporters, News (15 November 2018). "Man Accuses Officer Of Threatening Him With Pistol, Petitions NSA". Sahara Reporters. No. Threat to life. Sahara Reporters. Retrieved 19 October 2020.
- Mutum, Ronald (14 November 2018). "Assault victim ask ONSA for justice". Daily Trust. No. Petition. Retrieved 19 October 2020.
- "Jeff Okoroafor - Youth Innovator Award Recipient 2013 in Colombo, Sri Lanka". World Summit Awards. Retrieved 19 October 2020.
- "Young African Leader - YALI Alumni Cohort Two". Barack Obama YALI Program. Retrieved 19 October 2020.
This article "Jeff Okoroafor" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.