|Add a Photo|
25 February 1781
|Occupation||Freemason, author and editor.|
Jean-Marie Ragon de Bettignies born 25 February 1781 at Bray-sur-Seine and in 1862 at Bruges was a freemason, author and editor.
Born at Bray-sur-Seine to a father who worked as a notary, he was initiated into freemasonry in 1804 at Bruges where his duties as paymaster in the imperial administration had led him. He was one of a team charged with the critical examination of dictionaries in the Journal grammatical and published a method of reading. He was also the editor of the first French masonic revue, Hermes.
Jean-Marie Ragon was initiated at the lodge Les amis du Nord at Bruges, at that time part of a department of France. He likewise belonged to the lodge Le Phœnix of the Grand Orient de France and to the Rite of Memphis-Misraim, as well as to the Order of the Temple of Bernard-Raymond Fabré-Palaprat. He founded and presided over the celebrated Parisian lodge Les Vrais Amis, which later became Les Trinosophes, which enjoyed, thanks to him, a certain renown. He occupied the post of Worshipful Master of this lodge for many years, from 1817 onwards..
He was the author of a number of masonic works which have had a wide influence :
- Cours philosophique et interprétatif des initiations anciennes et modernes (1840) (disponible sur Gallica) ;
- De la maçonnerie occulte et de l'initiation hermétique (1853), Maison de vie éditeur, 2009, 171 p. ;
- Rituel d'Apprenti (1859), Éditions du Prieuré, 1992, 108 p. ;
- Rituel de Compagnon (1859), Éditions du Prieuré, 1992, 69 p. ;
- Rituel du Maître (1859), Éditions du Prieuré, 1992, 80 p. ;
- Orthodoxie maçonnique (1853), Cercle des amis de la Bibliothèque initiatique, 1972, 414 p. "pdf" (PDF). ;
- Rituel d'une pompe funèbre maçonnique, Equinoxis, 2014, 21 p. ;
- Rituel de la maçonnerie forestière (1860), Editions du Prieuré, 1993, 48 p. ;
- peut-être Le Livre rouge, Lavigne, 1842, 144 p.
- ↑ Archives de la Seine-et-Marne, commune de Bray-sur-Seine, acte de baptême non numéroté, année 1881 (page 108/210).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 (Daniel Ligou 1998, p. 1,007) harv error: no target: CITEREFDaniel_Ligou1998 (help).
This article "Jean-Marie Ragon" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.