Jaime Gómez Rivas
Jaime Gómez Rivas
|Awards||Facebook Academy Award|
|Thesis||[ Light in strongly scattering semiconductors - diffuse transport and Anderson localization] (2002)|
Jaime Gómez Rivas is a Spanish physicist and Professor of Surface Photonics at Eindhoven University of Technology. His research specializes in investigating light-matter coupling in the visible and terahertz frequencies, and its applications in the development of optoelectronic devices.
Gómez Rivas completed his Bachelor's degree in Physics from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid in 1994. He carried out his doctoral studies at the University of Amsterdam working on light transport in disordered media and receiving his Ph.D. in 2002.
Research and professional career
Gómez Rivas became a postdoctoral researcher RWTH Aachen University in 2002 to work on terahertz (THz) spectroscopy, focusing on semiconductor THz plasmonics. In 2005, he joined AMOLF, the NWO Institute for Atomic and Molecular Physics, as a project leader focusing on surface photonics in collaboration with Philips Research Eindhoven. His research worked on investigating and enhancing light-matter interactions by coupling semiconductors to resonant structures such as metallic nanoparticles and structured surfaces. He became a group leader at AMOLF and part-time professor at Eindhoven University of Technology in 2010 to continue his work in collaboration with Philips. This collaborative project was responsible for applying the concept of plasmonics and nanoantennas to solid-state lighting devices, such as light-emitting diodes, and led to more than 70 publications in peer-reviewed journals and 20 patent applications. 
His research group moved from AMOLF to the Dutch Institute for Fundamental Energy Research in 2015,  and then finally to Eindhoven University of Technology in 2018, where he is now full professor.
In 2019, Gómez Rivas co-founded the company TeraNova B.V. with Professor Marion Matters-Kammerer, Dr. Mohammad Ramezani, and Corné van Puijenbroek, collaborators from Eindhoven University of Technology. The start-up aims to commercialise a new terahertz microscopy technique that was initially developed in the Surface Photonics group.
Awards and honors
Professor Gómez Rivas has received several awards and grants, including the Starting and Proof of Concept grants from the European Research Council, a Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research VICI grant, and the Facebook Academy Award.
- Gómez Rivas, Jaime. "Propagació de la llum en medis terbols". Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- Gómez Rivas, Jaime. "Light in strongly scattering semiconductors - diffuse transport and Anderson localization". Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- "Jaime Gómez Rivas". Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- Lozano, Gabriel. "Plasmonics for solid-state lighting: enhanced excitation and directional emission of highly efficient light sources". Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- "Jaime Gómez-Rivas moves Surface Photonics research from AMOLF to DIFFER". Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- "Photonics for Energy". Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- "TeraNova, the first interdepartmental Applied Physics/Electrical Engineering start-up founded". Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- "A new instrument for mapping the ultrafast photo-conductivity of materials for optoelectronics". Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- "Photonics expert Jaime Gómez Rivas wins prestigious Vici grant". Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- "Facebook Academy Award". Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- Jaime Gómez Rivas - Eindhoven University
- Jaime Gomez Rivas - Google Scholar Citations
- Gomez Rivas Lab – Surface Photonics group website
- Jaime Gómez-Rivas moves Surface Photonics research from amolf to differ
- Jaime Gomez Rivas (0000-0002-8038-0968) - ORCID
- Jaime Gómez Rivas - IEEE Xplore Author Details
- Jaime Gomez Rivas on linkedin
- DIFFER - Photonics for Energy
This article "Jaime Gómez Rivas" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.