|Add a Photo|
Isaac Chueke is a Brazilian orchestral and operatic conductor.
Of a multicultural heritage, Isaac Chueke completed his musical studies in Rio de Janeiro before perfecting in Vienna, New York and Paris. Among his teachers Hans-Joachim Koellreutter, Karl Österreicher, Maurice Peress, he also attended masterclasses with Sergiu Celibidache at the Rencontres musicales de Cluny and Sir Georg Solti at Carnegie Hall.
Music directorships include his servings at the helm of the Orchestra at State Theater Sala Cecilia Meireles and Orquestra Mozart in Rio, New York International Chamber Orchestra in residence at the New York Public Library-Donnell Auditorium, Alhambra Orchestra in Miami. He also served as Associate Conductor and Education Manager at Florida Grand Opera. In France he serves as co-founder of the GRMB at Paris-Sorbonne.
Guest conductings include orchestras in Europe, the US, Brazil as well as ensembles from Russia, Ukraine and China. An important trait has been his recreation of a diverse repertoire making use of modern technologies and communication strategies to establish new settings in the classical music format. Equally a pedagogue, Chueke has been a faculty member, lecturer and/or author at institutions such as University Paris-Sorbonne, New World School of the Arts, SUNY, Paris 8, Oxford Conducting Institute, Musica Brasilis. Currently he associates with the undergraduate and graduate programs at Embap/Unespar in Curitiba as well as with the research group Langarts in Paris.
For his continuous activity favouring the culture of various countries in 2001 he was decorated Chevalier de l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the French Government as well as distinguished by dramaturg and Czech President Vaclav Havel.
- "Hans Joachim Koellreutter (1915-2005)". data.bnf.fr. Retrieved 2020-07-22.
- Baumgartner, Edwin. "Der große Lehrmeister". Kultur - Wiener Zeitung Online (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2020-07-19.
- Genzlinger, Neil (2018-01-04). "Maurice Peress, Conductor Who Worked With Ellington, Dies at 87". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-07-18.
- "Sala Cecilia Meireles".
- "HOME". alhambra.
- "Isaac Felix Chueke - Escola de Música e Belas Artes do Paraná - EMBAP". www.embap.pr.gov.br. Retrieved 2020-07-18.
- Alexandre, Véronique Journeau. "Séminaire international du GRMB". LANGAGES ARTISTIQUES (in français). Retrieved 2020-07-19.
- Isaac Chueke on linkedin
- English | maestrochueke - Wix.com
- Conducting Studies Conference 2016 - Oxford University
- Isaac Chueke - Isaac Chueke - qwe.wiki
This article "Isaac Chueke" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.