Igwe Oranu Chris Chidume
Igwe Oranu Chris Chidume
|Add a Photo|
|Born||12 November 1966|
Omor, Anambra State, Nigeria
|Spouse(s)||Blessing Nneka Chidume (née Eze)|
Igwe Oranu Chris Chidume, Eze Ana-Ukwu, Eze Igulube of Omor (born 12 November 1967) is the traditional ruler of Omor, a town in Ayamelum Local Government Area, Anambra State, in South East Nigeria. He also serves as the founder and chairman of Krisoral Group of companies..
Early Life and Education
Igwe Oranu was born in Omor, an agrarian society and a town in Ayamelum Local Government Area of Anambra state, Nigeria. He holds a National Diploma in Business Administration from Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Anambra State in 2003, a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Metropolitan School Of Business Management, United Kingdom UK in 2014.
Career and Business
Igwe Oranu, in 1993, founded Krisoral Group of Companies. The company has over time expanded and birthed several subsidiaries that are into different industries. Today the company has about four distinct subsidiaries that are into packaging, farming, food processing and distilling.
He is a member of Onitsha chamber of commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture and a council member, Manufacturers Association of Nigeria.
Igwe Oranu has participated in several platforms that are geared towards elevating startups in Nigeria. More specifically, he was appointed a judge in the International Breweries plc's Hero's Foundation - Kickstart Programme in Nigeria, 2018 edition
The government of Anambra State under His Excellency, Chief Willie Obiano on December 12th, 2017 presented Igwe Oranu a certificate of recognition   as the traditional ruler of Omor Community. As the traditional ruler of the community, he serves as the custodian of the traditions and cultural heritage of the people and represents the interests of the people of Omor to the government at both the state and federal levels. He has the stool of office situated at Igulube Royal Palace,Omor.
Igwe Oranu celebrated his first Ofala Festival on the 15th of December 2018, a year after his coronation and recognition as a traditional ruler of Omor town.
Ofala celebration is a reenactment of an agelong tradition by mostly traditional rulers of Igbo extraction as a sign of authority and legitimacy bestowed on the traditional ruler in the land to guide the people on the path of truth and wisdom.
As part of the requirement as a traditional ruler, he inaugurated a team of cabinet members; a collection of professionals chosen from different fields and qualifications who play advisory role and make collective decisions and legislations for the community. The members are chosen from the four quarters that make up Omor town viz; Orenja, Akanator, Aturia and Amikwe.
Also as part of the traditional administration of the town, Igwe Oranu also commissioned the Supreme Elders’ Council who alongside the cabinet members, oversee the peace and unity of the different parts of the community.
Awards and Recognitions
- Igwe Oranu on the 21st of March 2020, received an Honourary Doctorate Degree from Chukwuemeka Odumegwu University, Anambra State
- The Federal Government of Nigeria through the Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment, on 28th November 2019, awarded Igwe Oranu on behalf of Krisoral Group, the National Productivity Order of Merit (NPOM) Award
- Igwe Oranu received the Certificate of Recognition as the Traditional Ruler of Omor on December 14th, 2017, presented to him by the Governor of Anambra State, His Excellency, Willie Obiano
- In 2016, the Anambra State Government under His Excellency, Willie Obiano, presented Igwe Oranu the award of Philantropist Extraordinaire and Business Titan in recognition of his contribution to the development of Anambra State and his Philantropic Endeavours
In the media
- "Nigeria: Dozie Commissions N300m Ultra-Modern Factory Complex in Onitsha". AllAfrica. Retrieved 24 October 2020.
- "Metropolitan School of Business and Management UK - Lagos Campus". Facebook Page. Retrieved 26 October 2020.
- "The National Council". Manufacturers Association of Nigeria. Retrieved 26 October 2020.
- "Meet the judges of the IB PLC Hero's Foundation Kickstart Programme". Linda Ikeji's Blog. Retrieved 26 October 2020.
- "When Chris Chidume, industrialist, was crowned Igwe of Omor community". Business Day Newspaper. Retrieved 26 October 2020.
- "At last, Anambra community settles for Chidume as its new monarch". The Vanguard Newspaper. Retrieved 26 October 2020.
- "Igulube Royal Palace". Google Map. Retrieved 26 October 2020.
- "Omor Monarch Igwe Oranu Celebrates Maiden Ovala Festival". Anambra Boradcasting Service. Retrieved 27 October 2020.
- "The Essence Of Annual Ofala Festival In Igboland". Obi Ndi Igbo Blog. Retrieved 27 October 2020.
- "Anambra monarch inaugurates high calibre professionals in new royal cabinet list". The Vanguard Newspaper. Retrieved 27 October 2020.
- "ROYAL CABINET MEMBERS". Eze Ana-Ukwu's Official Website. Retrieved 27 October 2020.
- "OMOR SUPREME ELDERS COUNCIL". Eze Ana-Ukwu's Official Website. Retrieved 27 October 2020.
- "Igwe Oranu Of Omor Bags Honourary Doctorate Degree From COOU". Anambra Broadcasting Service. Retrieved 26 October 2020.
- "Sir Emeka Offor, Chukwudozie, 2 others bag Odumegwu Ojukwu varsity doctorate degrees". The Sun. Retrieved 26 October 2020.
- "National Merit Award 'll spur us to do more for society – Igwe Chidume". The Sun Newspaper. Retrieved 26 October 2020.
- "Omor Community: Gov Obiano presents certificate of recognition to Igwe-elect". Anambra State Government Official Website. Retrieved 26 October 2020.
- "Anambra at 25: Obiano honours Krisoral Group GMD, others". Business Day Newspaper. Retrieved 26 October 2020.
This article "Igwe Oranu Chris Chidume" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.