Hunter Reese Peña
Hunter Reese Peña
|Add a Photo|
Hunter Reese Peña is an American actor, singer, and writer born to Mexican immigrant parents. Hunter is best known for portraying "Ricky Vela" in the Netflix television series "Selena: The Series." 
Life and Career
Selena: The Series
In "Selena: The Series,"  Hunter plays "Ricky Vela," a brilliant Keyboardist|keyboard player who initially refuses to join the Quintanilla family band (Selena y Los Dinos|Selena Y Los Dinos), but then later accepts. Throughout the course of the Television show|series Hunter's character becomes one of A. B. Quintanilla|A.B. Quintanilla’s greatest collaboratorative songwriting partners, penning some of Selena's greatest hits.  Among the Selena hits penned by Ricky are fan-favorites like "No Me Queda Más|No Me Queda Mas," "Fotos y Recuerdos|Fotos Y Recuerdos," "El Chico del Apartamento 512," and more.
Hunter showed his commitment to the role of Ricky by gaining 60 pounds for his portrayal. Making his casting in "Selena: The Series" even more meaningful, Hunter revealed to "Esquire (magazine)|Esquire Magazine: Mexico" that Selena was his childhood hero.
Hunter is an outspoken Latino actor who advocates for the advancement of Latino portrayals in media. Hunter has spoken out about the lack of Latino representation in American media, even though the Latino population represents 18% of the country's population. Adding also, that the current representation of Latinos in media (as of 2020) can often be limited to harmful stereotypes. Hunter stated that, because of this, the creation of "Selena: The Series" (based on Selena's life) is even more important, because it showcases Latino actors in roles that are groundbreakingly normal .
|2020/2021||Selena: The Series||Ricky Vela||Netflix TV Series|
|2020||Got Game?||Banana Peel #4||Short|
|2016||Tinder Chick||Samantha||Video Short|
|2014||Sketch Juice||Hunter||TV Series|
|2012||Shooting Sophie||Party Guy||Short|
Hunter's acting training includes the famous Meisner Technique taught to him by Sanford Meisner alum Don Bloomfield at "The DBA Studio." According to his interview on "Esquire Magazine: Mexico" Hunter also takes inspiration from two of his biggest acting heroes, Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep.
- "Selena, arte latinx y contar historias: una entrevista con Hunter Reese Peña". Esquire (in español). 2020-12-29. Retrieved 2021-02-15.
- Jean-Philippe, McKenzie (2020-12-04). "How the Cast of "Selena: The Series" Compares to Their Real-Life Counterparts". Oprah Magazine. Retrieved 2021-02-15.
- Cruz, Araceli (2019-12-02). "'Selena: The Series' Finally Has Their Chris Perez And Los Dinos And Fans Are Getting So Excited". we are mitú music, movies, sports & Business. 100% American & Latino. Retrieved 2021-02-15.
- Petski, Denise; Petski, Denise (2019-11-27). "Netflix's 'Selena: The Series' Adds Seven To Cast". Deadline. Retrieved 2021-02-15.
- KFSN (2020-12-16). "Valley native following acting dream lands role on Netflix's 'Selena: The Series'". ABC30 Fresno. Retrieved 2021-02-15.
- Beck, Lia (2020-12-03). "Everyone in the 'Selena: The Series' Cast Looks So Much Like Their Real-Life Counterparts". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 2021-02-15.
- "Exclusiva: Netflix anunció el resto del elenco de su producción 'Selena: La serie'". Sopitas.com (in español). 2019-11-27. Retrieved 2021-02-15.
- "Hunter Reese Peña y cómo 'Selena: la serie' dignifica a los latinos en Netflix". TVyNovelas México (in español). 2020-12-28. Retrieved 2021-02-15.
This article "Hunter Reese Peña" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.