|Born||June 9, 1990|
|Died||January 4, 2018 (aged 27)|
|Cause of death||Ewing's sarcoma|
|Known for||For her post "Note before I die"|
|Relatives||Dean Butcher (brother)|
Holly Butcher (born 9 June 1990) was an Australian cancer patient, who gained a following on social media covering her illness and subsequent death aged 27 on January 4, 2018. Her last letter for her life lessons became viral in the social media and gained immediate attention. Holly Butcher lost her life due to Ewing’s sarcoma, one of the rarest form of cancer.
Butcher lived in Grafton, New South Wales, and played squash and hockey and state level. She began her journal as "a bit of life advice". Her final post on 3 January 2018 reached over 131,000 people. It suggested people should "whinge less, and help people more." She passed on 4 January 2018 at the age of 27 in Grafton, Australia.
Holly Butcher died at her home, Grafton, Australia on January 4, 2018 due to Ewing’s sarcoma, one of the rarest form of cancer that severely affects the bones. On October 31, 2016, she was first diagnosed with Ewing sarcoma. Initially she started experiencing pain in knees after doing exercise or drinking alcohol. The symptoms took long to diagnose the disease, as mostly the symptoms were resolved themselves.
After her death, her brother Dean Butcher confirmed to media that, she wanted to live only a simple life. During her last days, when he asked Holly Butcher for any dreams, she wanted him to follow, she said that she didn't had any big plans and just wanted to live her life happily.
- "Australian woman who died after battling rare cancer had penned inspirational viral letter: 'Each day is a gift'". ABC News. January 11, 2018. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Young woman's heartbreaking letter to the world after loosing the battle with cancer at the age of 27". Astuces De Jour. 3 November 2018. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Dying Young and Walking With God: The Case of Holly Butcher". Christian Post. 8 January 2018. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- Merrington, Jacqui (January 9, 2018). "Before she died, 27-year-old Holly Butcher wrote this letter we should all read". cornwalllive.
- "Woman Writes Viral Letter Before Her Death at 27: 'Be Grateful for Each Day You Don't Have Pain'". The Epoch Times. May 14, 2019.
- Puterman, Shari. "Family shares emotional story behind dying woman's viral letter". The Advertiser. Retrieved 2020-04-21.
This article "Holly Butcher" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.