|Born||December 14, 1977|
Business Information Technology
|Alma mater||Ain Shams University|
|Title||Jumia, Egpyt (CEO)|
Hesham Safwat (born December 14, 1977) is an Egyptian businesperson, the chief executive officer (CEO) of the e-commerce platform Jumia in Egypt.
Early life and education
Hesham was born on December 14, 1977 in Cairo, Egypt. He got his bachelors degree in engineering from Ain Shams University. He received his master’s degree in Business Information Technology from Middlesex University.
He started his commercial career in the retail sector more than 15 years ago.
In 2001 he was a member of the launching team of CompuMe. While working at CompuMe, he managed to contribute in building the Retail Infrastructure of the company, while developing both the Internal Merchandising System, and External Partners’ Relationships. He left CompuMe in 2012.
After leaving CompuMe, he joined Rocket Internet as the chief commercial officer in its African venture in Egypt. Later he was promoted to the company's chief executive officer in 2014. He helped the company to raise more than 320 million dollars in 2016 for company's expansion plans.
- "Meeting the man behind Egypt's online retail giant". EgyptToday. Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- "Hesham Safwat". Flat6Labs Bahrain. Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- perfect-workgroup.com. "Hesham Safwat .. Jumia Egypt CEO". أرباح نيوز. Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- "Meet the Man Behind Jumia and Egypt's New E-Commerce Committee". Scoop Empire. 2020-02-24. Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- "Jumia introduces EGP 70 mln in discounts during Egypt's Black Friday campaign - Economy - Business". Ahram Online. Retrieved 2020-03-04.
This article "Hesham Safwat" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.