Herbert J. Seligmann
Herbert J. Seligmann
|Add a Photo|
Herbert Jacob Seligmann
|Died||March 3, 1984(aged 92–93)|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
Herbert Jacob Seligmann (1891 - March 3, 1984) was an American author and journalist. He wrote about civil rights issues as well as artists. During his career he was a publicity director for the NAACP and worked for the Jewish Telegraph Agency.
He graduated from Harvard University.
He nominated Eddie Tolan for the NAACP's Springarn Award in 1932.
He wrote poetry, books about D. H. Lawrence, Albert R. Brand, and J. Hendrix McLane, as well as articles.
Franz Boas wrote the introduction to his book on Naxi race theories.
Alfred Stieglitz , a friend of Seligmamn's, photographed him producing a palladium print. Seligmann transcribed conversations and comments by Stieglitz, publishing them as Alfred Stieglitz Talking in 1966.
- The Negro Faces America (1920)
- "The Menace of Race Hatred" March, 1920 The Atlantic
- D.H. Lawrence, An American Interpretation (1924)
- Sun and Tides (1932), a book of poems
- Race Against Man (1939)
- Man and Bird Together, a memoir of Albert R. Brand; and Voyages
- A South Carolina independent of the 1880's: J. Hendrix McLane (1965)
- Alfred Stieglitz Talking (1966).
- "Herbert J. Seligmann". March 7, 1984 – via NYTimes.com.
- Herbert J. Seligmann Papers, 1908-1984 The New York Public Library, Humanities and Social Sciences Library, Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Memorandum from Herbert J. Seligmann to N.A.A.C.P. Spingarn Medal Award Committee, November 18, 1932 University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- J.Seligmann, Herbert. "Herbert J. (Herbert Jacob) Seligmann | Harper's Magazine". harpers.org.
- "Seligmann, Herbert J. (Herbert Jacob), 1891- | The Online Books Page". onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu.
- Seligmann, Herbert Jacob (June 18, 1939). "Race against man". New York : G. P. Putnam's Sons – via Trove.
- Seligmann, Herbert Jacob (June 18, 1965). "A South Carolina independent of the 1880's: J. Hendrix McLane" – via Google Books.
- Herbert J. Seligmann - National Gallery of Art
- archives.nypl.org -- Herbert J. Seligmann papers
- Herbert J. Seligmann | Alfred Stieglitz | The Met
- Herbert J. Seligmann: Books - Amazon.com
- HERBERT J. SELIGMANN - The New York Times
- Herbert J. Seligmann, Author Info, Published Books, Bio
- Herbert J. Seligmann Paintings & Artwork for Sale
- Herbert J. Seligmann Artwork for Sale at Online Auction
- Letter from Herbert J. Seligmann to Hubert W. Peet ... - Credo
- Herbert J. Seligmann | Art Auction Results - MutualArt
This article "Herbert J. Seligmann" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.