Harry T. Moore Center
The Harry T. Moore Center is a community center in Cocoa, Florida (Brevard County), that is housed in a former high school building. It is named for Harry T. Moore. It is a site on Florida's Black Heritage Trail.
Cocoa Junior High School was built in 1924. Part of the funding for the school came from the Julius Rosenwald Fund and it served African American students. It became Monroe High School in 1947. It closed in 1954. It was acquired by the City of Cocoa in 2014 and renovated for use as an African American history museum. In 2019 Cocoa Junior High School was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
B. A. Morse was the school's first principal.
This article "Harry T. Moore Center" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.