Hailing César is a documentary film about the personal journey of Eduardo Chavez to understand the legacy of his grandfather, the civil rights leader César Chavez.
Eduardo Chavez is the youngest son of Cesar Chavez's oldest son Fernando, a successful civil litigation attorney. Chavez split his childhood between Miami, Florida, and Hillsborough, a wealthy suburb of San Francisco, California. He grew up largely disconnected from the movement of his famous grandfather, who passed away when he was just 3 years old. Chavez grew up aspiring to be a professional golfer and attended Loyola Marymount University on a golf scholarship. Chavez's grandfather on his mother's side is Cuban political activist Max Lesnik, who is also the subject of a documentary called "The Man of Two Havanas".
In 2015, after deciding to stop playing golf professionally, Eduardo Chavez embarked on a personal journey to better understand his roots for the first time. As part of his journey, Chavez picked grapes in the vineyards of Sonoma County. The experience opened his eyes to the suffering of his people and changed the comfortable trajectory of his life. The film was directed by Eduardo Chavez and produced by Sirous Thampi. It is the first film under their production company Latindia Studios.
Hailing César features music from Macklemore, Crooked Stilo, and Nick Hakim as well as an original soundtrack by Australian musician Terry Mann. It includes archival footage, animation, interviews with Chavez family members and live action footage from Eduardo's journey. The film premiered at the AmDocs Film Festival in Palm Springs in April 2018 and screened at 7 film festivals from 2018 to 2019, winning the Audience Award at Cinema at the Edge film festival in 2018. Following the film festival premiere, Eduardo Chavez has screened the film at over 60 universities and high schools across the United States. Latindia Studios signed a distribution agreement for Hailing César with Global Genesis Group in January 2020.
- Hailing César official website
- Hailing César on Imdb
- Hailing César on facebook
- Hailing César on Twitter
- Eduardo Chavez on Instagram
- Fuentes, Carlos. "Eduardo Chavez honors grandfather through "Hailing Cesar"". The Beacon. The Beaon. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- Louder, Tatiana. "Eduardo Chavez Screens his "Hailing César" at SMC to Explore and Honor his Grandfather's Legacy". The Corsair. The Corsair. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- Goodman, Amy. ""The Man of Two Havanas": Max Lesnik on His Transition from Cuban Revolutionary to Exile to Target of Terrorist Attacks by Anti-Castro Cuban Militants in Miami". Democracy Now!. Democracy Now!. Retrieved 29 February 2020.
- Engen, Kaitlyn. "Eduardo Chavez explores his roots and finds himself in "Hailing Cesar"". The Easterner. The Easterner. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- Alvarado, Kitty. "CESAR CHAVEZ'S GRANDSON HOLDS SPECIAL DOCUMENTARY SCREENING OF ICON'S LIFE FOR LOCAL STUDENTS". NBC Palm Springs. Entravision. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
This article "Hailing César" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.