H. Norman Wright
The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
H. Norman Wright
|Add a Photo|
|Born||July 25, 1937|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Subject||Relationships, grief, trauma|
|Spouse||Joycelin Faith Wright|
H. Norman Wright (born July 25, 1937) is an American author, marriage, family and child therapist, grief therapist, and certified trauma specialist.
Wright has written over 90 books on marriage, parenting, and grief from 1968 to present. In addition to his authorship he was former director of the Graduate Department of Marriage, Family and Child Counseling at Biola University in La Mirada, California, as well as Director of the Graduate Department of Christian Education at the Talbot School of Theology of Biola University.
Wright pioneered many premarital counseling programs throughout the country and has conducted seminars on parenting, recovering from the losses of life, trauma and crisis counseling, and marriage enrichment. As a chaplain and counselor for The Victim Chaplain Association, Wright has worked in the aftermath of Katrina in Louisiana, traveled to New York, New York multiple times since 9/11 conducting grief recovery seminars, and has performed incident debriefs at school shootings and other disaster and trauma sites. 
Wright graduated from Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California; earned a Master of Arts degree from Pepperdine University in Malibu, California, a Master of Religious Education degree from Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California, and a Doctor of Ministry degree from Primus University of Theology in Glendale, Arizona.
Wright was married for 48 years to Joycelin Faith Wright until her death in 2007. Her death and the death of their son in 1990 influenced his writing and work regarding grief and trauma.
- 101 Questions to Ask Before You Get Engaged (ISBN 9780736913942)
- Experiencing Grief (ISBN 9780805430929)
- Reflections of a Grieving Spouse: The Unexpected Journey from Loss to Renewed Hope (ISBN 9780736926546)
- Overcoming Fear and Worry (ISBN 9781628620627)
- Communication: Key to Your Marriage: The Secret to True Happiness (ISBN 9780764216442)
- Experiencing Divorce (ISBN 9781433650253)
- The Premarital Counseling Handbook (ISBN 9780802463821)
- Quiet Times for Couples (ISBN 9780736929943)
- Complete Guide to Crisis and Trauma Counseling: What to Do and Say When It Matters Most! (ISBN 9780764216343)
- Finding the Life You've Been Looking For: The Surprising Power of Simple Living (ISBN 9780736918428)
- How to Keep Your Brain Young: Strategies for Staying Fit, Flexible, and Curious (ISBN 9780736980555)
- When It Feels Like the Sky Is Falling: How to Find Hope in an Uncertain World (ISBN 9780736974844)
- Success over Stress: 12 Ways to Take Back Your Life (ISBN 9780736937047)
- How to Talk So Your Kids Will Listen (ISBN 9780764216510)
- Marriage Checkup (ISBN 9780764216381)
- How to Get Along With Almost Anyone (ISBN 9780849932564)
In the media
- "Search = H. Norman Wright". Open Library. Internet Archive. Retrieved September 19, 2020.
- Smith, Matthew Lee (May 10, 2011). "H. Norman Wright Talks About Grief, Trauma and Loss". Eagles in Leadership. Retrieved September 18, 2020.
- Edwards, Bryn (October 13, 2012). "Dr. H. Norman Wright's Grief, Crisis & Trauma training seminar". Patch: Lake Elsinore-Wildomar, CA. Patch. Retrieved September 18, 2020.
- Branco, Shellie (September 20, 2007). "Author mourns wife". The Bakersfield Californian. Retrieved September 18, 2020.
- About H. Norman Wright - Amazon.com
- Dr. H. Norman Wright - Focus on the Family
- H. Norman Wright - Thriftbooks
- H. Norman Wright - RightNow Media
- H. Norman Wright | Resourcing The Church - Moody Publishers
- H Norman Wright Books - Biography and List of Works
This article "H. Norman Wright" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.