Gregory L. Stoller
Gregory L. Stoller (born November 13, 1968) is an academic, author, and business owner. He is a faculty member in the Strategy and Innovation Department at Boston University, where he teaches international business, entrepreneurship and experiential learning. He also is the committee chair and Trustee for several non-profit organizations. In 2019 he was awarded a Metcalf Award for outstanding teaching, Boston University's highest teaching honor.
In 1991 he earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Cornell University. In early 1992 he moved to Japan to work for an internship as the first foreigner ever employed there and then to work at The Imperial Hotel in Tokyo, as the first American employed in over 100 years and then as the first foreigner ever promoted into management. He also won an honorable mention in a Japanese public speaking contest where all contestants competed anonymously. In the fall of 1994 he returned to the United States to attend Harvard Business School, where he graduated in 1996. He joined Shiva Corporation in 1996 and ZOOTS in 1998. In 1999 he started Coolidge Plaza, LLC, a commercial real estate holding company. In 2000 he joined the faculty of Boston College, and in 2014, moved to Boston University. In 2011 he was named the first-ever Foreign Advisory Board Member for China Financial Consultancy Co., Ltd. , and a China strategy consultant for Fenway Sports Management (the business arm of the Boston Red Sox baseball team and sports organization). He, and his projects, have been been widely quoted in publications like the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, the Boston Globe, various Chinese business publications  and is a frequent contributor to various publications including Forbes, Entrepreneur.com, Financial Director, and the Boston Business Journal. He work on EVA was widely quoted in leading Asian financial magazines in 2011 . He is often a guest on the radio call-in show WBZ's Nightside. He began an independently produced newsmagazine television program The Language of Business, which debuted on the Needham Channel on April 2, 2013, debuted on WBIN-TV in Derry, NH on June 5, 2016, and debuted as a podcast on January 29, 2018. Stoller brings students overseas to visit companies, complete consulting engagements, coaches several case competition teams at Boston University,, provides analysis, or comments on items in the news domesticallyand overseas.
- Metcalf Award for Excellence in Teaching 2019 (Boston University)
- Broderick Award for Outstanding Faculty Contribution to the Graduate Community and Programs 2017 (Boston University)
- Teaching with New Media Award 2013 (Boston College)
- Faculty Member of the Year (Boston College) (student nominated)
- Honorable Mention, pan-Tokyo Japanese public speaking contest 1993
- Stoller, Gregory L., GoTradeSeafood.com: Reeling in the Big Catch, Senate Hall, 2003.
- Stoller, Gregory L., Strategies in Entrepreneurial Finance with Accompanying Case Studies, Northcoast Publishers, 2005.
- Stoller, Gregory L., LoJack: Honing in on the Route to Strategic Success, Online Journal of International Case Analysis, 2014.
- Stoller, Gregory L., Bass, Jeremy, Veconinter, CA, Sage Publications, 2015.
- Stoller, Gregory L., Holland, James, Wise, Steve, Grogan, Kate, Hart, Allison, and Tow, Nancy, Cross-Border Sponsorship, Sage Publications, 2015.
- Stoller, Gregory L., Abossein, Nadia Neekta, Language I/O: Brokering Translations One Country at a Time, Sage Publications, 2019.
- "米国学生 ホテル研修" (published 6/7/91, in Japan, 比国新聞 newspaper)
- "U.S. Academics Point to Japan Business Success" (published 6/17/02, in Japan, The Daily Yomiuri newspaper)
- "Hands On 'International' Experience in Asia" (published 6/19/02 in Thailand, The Nation newspaper)
- "US Students Come to Study Vietnamese Management Experience" (published 5/21/02, in Vietnam, The Saigon Times Daily newspaper)
- "探路欧美不良贷款市场——美国波士顿商学院与中华咨询联合课题汇报之三" (published 7/31/2011, in China) 新理财-公司理财 Corporate Finance Journal (http://www.wanfangdata.com.cn/details/detail.do?_type=perio&id=zs201105028)
- "跨国并购攻略——美国波士顿商学院与中华咨询联合课题汇报之二" (published 2011年 第4期 88-91页 共4页, in China) 新理财 journal (http://www.cqvip.com/QK/82080A/201104/38348423.html)
This article "Gregory L. Stoller" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.