Gothic was a black Australian thoroughbred stallion who raced for 4 seasons from a three-year-old to a six-year-old recording major wins from 6 furlongs to 1½ miles and champion Sydney jockey Jim Pike the Australian Racing Hall of Fame inductee 2002 winning 9 races.
Gothic was bred by Saturnino Unzue in Argentina and foaled in England. Tracery (USA) winner of the 1912 St Leger Stakes & St James's Palace Stakes ,1913 Champion Stakes & Eclipse Stakes and Damsire Sundridge (GB) was Leading Sire of Great Britain in 1911. Gothic was purchased for 1,500 guineas at the Newmarket sales by Andrew Robertson brother of Gothic's trainer for owner Sol Green. Dam Sundrilla (FR) exported from Argentina in foal to the Newmarket sales England 1921 then bought privately by breeder Major James E. Pratt. Notable offspring were Kingcardine (GB) 1927 St James's Palace Stakes, Jersey Stakes and Doctor Dolittle (GB) 1931 Ribblesdale Stakes. 
Gothic was an exceptional galloper and raced between 1926 and 1929 and the winner of 8 Group 1 races in the modern era defeated the champion Amounis on four occasions and won 1927 and 1928 VRC Newmarket Handicap,1928 VATC Futurity Stakes (MRC)| Futurity Stakes a course record carrying 63.5kg,1928 VATC Memsie Stakes carrying 62kg and third 1928 VATC Caulfield Cup behind Maple carrying 60.5kg.
Gothic’s racing colours were black and white squares, red sleeves and cap. Lou Robertson 1875-1955 from New Zealand was a masterful and patient trainer originally trained trotters then transitioned to thoroughbreds to win the greatest races on the Australian turf his stables were located at Mordialloc, Victoria| Mordialloc Victoria. Leading trainer in the 1928-1929 season and a dominant force in Melbourne racing winning the trainers premiership 1943-1944 and 1945-1946. Major winners included Marabou 1935 VRC Melbourne Cup, Lavendo 1915 VATC Caulfield Cup, Lincoln 1949 VATC Caulfield Cup, Garrio 1935 MVRC W.S. Cox Plate, Leonard 1946 MVRC W.S. Cox Plate and VRC Derby winners 1928 Strephon,1935 Feldspar and 1944 San Martin. Other stable notables were Iron Duke, Lawrence and Cimbrian.
Owner Sol Green 1868-1948 was a leviathan bookmaker, owner-breeder and philanthropist born in London and imported and bred racehorses at his Shipley stud at Warrnambool Victoria. Major notables imported and owned by Comedy KIng 1910 VRC Melbourne Cup & VATC Futurity Stakes (MRC)|Futurity Stakes and Leading sire in Australia in 1919-20 and the champion 3 year-old front running stayer Strephon 1928 VRC Derby, 1929 AJC St Leger & VRC St Leger and second in 1928 VRC Melbourne Cup to Statesman. 
- Pedigreequery. "Gothic Breeding". pedigreequery.com. Retrieved 30 December 2020.
- Australian Racing Hall of Fame. "Jim Pike Jockey". www.racingvictoria.com.au. Retrieved 30 December 2020.
- Australian Stud Book. "Gothic Stud Breeding". www.studbook.org.au. Retrieved 31 December 2020.
- Leading Sires of Great Britain. "Sundridge Leading Sire". www.tbheritage.com. Retrieved 30 December 2020.
- National Library of Australia (28 February 1927). "Gothic Purchase". No. Page 2. The Labor Daily Sydney. Retrieved 30 December 2020.
- Pedigreequery. "Kincardine Breeding". pedigreequery.com. Retrieved 30 December 2020.
- Pedigreequery. "Doctor Dolittle Breeding". pedigreequery.com. Retrieved 30 December 2020.
- Arrold, Tony (1983). More Champions (First ed.). Sydney N.S.W.: Tralca. pp. 96–97. ISBN 0959445811. Retrieved 30 December 2020.
- Australian Racing Hall of Fame. "Lou Robertson Trainer". www.racingvictoria.com.au. Retrieved 31 December 2020.
- National Library of Australia (25 August 1945). "Lou Robertson a Portrait Part 1". No. 16. The Australasian - Melbourne. Retrieved 31 December 2020.
- National Library of Australia (25 August 1945). "Lou Robertson a Portrait Part 2". No. 17. The Australasian - Melbourne. Retrieved 31 December 2020.
- Australian Dictionary of Biograghy. "Sol Green Biography". adb.anu.edu.au. Retrieved 1 January 2021.
- Pedigreequery. "Comedy King Breeding". pedigreequery.com. Retrieved 1 January 2021.
- Pedigreequery. "Strephon Breeding". pedigreequery.com. Retrieved 1 January 2021.
- Thoroughbred Heritage. "Comedy King Leading Australian Sire". www.tbheritage.com. Retrieved 2 January 2021.
This article "Gothic (horse)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.