Global Battery Alliance
The Global Battery Alliance (GBA) is a global public-private collaboration platform of over 70 members with the goal of establishing a socially, environmentally and economically sustainable battery value chain.
The GBA is an initiative of the World Economic Forum and was launched at the WEF Sustainable Development Impact Summit in New York in September 2017. The work to establish the Global Battery Alliance was recognised as one of the top ten achievements of the 2017 World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos.
Founded by organisations from across the battery value chain, including BASF, Eurasian Resources Group, Johnson Controls; international organisations, such as African Development Bank, OECD Development Assistance Committee and NYU Stern School of Business (represented by Professor Michael H. Posner); and NGOs including Pact and International Justice Mission (IJM), the GBA has expanded to over 70 members as at March 2020.
The GBA seeks to catalyse, connect and scale-up efforts to ensure that the battery value chain is socially responsible, environmentally and economically sustainable and innovative. The work of the Alliance is focused on unlocking the vast potential of batteries by 2030 to help realise the 2°C Paris Agreement in the transport and power sectors, setting course towards achieving the 1.5°C goal if complemented with other technologies and collaborative efforts. The GBA's in-country and cross-border activities are also aimed at addressing some of the challenges in the battery value chain, including dangerous working conditions and child labour, which impact the lives of millions of artisanal and small-scale miners.
In the media
- ↑ https://www.weforum.org/global-battery-alliance/home
- ↑ https://roscongress.org/en/materials/aleksandr-mashkevich-sozdaem-novye-standarty-raboty-dlya-otrasli-/
- ↑ https://www.pactworld.org/
- ↑ https://www.weforum.org/press/2017/09/major-push-to-end-the-hidden-human-toll-and-pollution-behind-smartphone-and-electric-car-batteries/
- ↑ https://www.weforum.org/global-battery-alliance/our-members
- ↑ http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GBA_Overview_2019.pdf
- ↑ https://www.weforum.org/reports/a-vision-for-a-sustainable-battery-value-chain-in-2030
- ↑ https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/09/global-battery-alliance-child-labour-congo/
- Home > Global Battery Alliance | World Economic Forum
- World Economic Forum facebook page
- World Economic Forum twitter page
- World Economic Forum linkedin page
- 42 Global Organizations Agree on Guiding Principles for Batteries to Power Sustainable Energy Transition
- 42 organisations agree with Global Battery Alliance sustainability principles
- Global Battery Alliance | PACE
- The Global Battery Alliance: driving towards electric mobility
This article "Global Battery Alliance" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.