Servant of God
|Ordination||14 July 1945|
|Born||5 December 1918|
Tripi, Messina, Italy
|Died||July 24, 2010 (aged 91)|
|Venerated in||Roman Catholic Church|
|Title as Saint||Servant of God|
Giuseppe Aveni (December 05, 1918 - July 24, 2010) was an Italian Roman Catholic priest and missionary in the Philippines. His cause for canonization was opened on February 2020 by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Parañaque.
Giuseppe was born on December 5, 1918 in Tripi, Messina to Natale Tramazza Aveni and Santa Lo Cicero. He received the Sacrament of Confirmation on August 24, 1921 through the hands of Msgr. Angelo Paino, Archbishop of Messina.
In 1931, he entered the Rogationists of the Heart of Jesus and was ordained a priest on July 14, 1945. During the first years of his priestly ministry, he was assigned in the "Christ the King" Seminary in Messina as Vice-Superior and Prefect of Discipline until 1947 when he was transferred to Trani, then to Rome and Florence.
After finishing his mandate as Vicar General, he to went to their congregation's recently established mission in the Philippines. From 1980 to 1991, he served as a novice master to various congregations, hearing confessions and giving spiritual directions.
In April 2009, he was diagnosed with a malignant tumor. After having suffered patiently, he died on July 24, 2010.
- "Philippine diocese opens cause for sainthood of Italian priest". ucanews.com. Retrieved 29 September 2020.
- "Parañaque diocese opens sainthood cause for Italian Rogationist priest". cbcpnews.net. Retrieved 29 September 2020.
- Cause for Beatification and Canonization of Fr. Joseph (Giuseppe) Aveni Opens on Feb. 1 in Parañaque
- Philippine diocese opens cause for sainthood of Italian priest
- Parañaque diocese opens sainthood cause for ... - CBCPNews
This article "Giuseppe Aveni" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.