Giles (musical artist)
Alvin L. Giles
May 30, 1986
Alvin L. Giles, (born May 30, 1986) better known by his stage name Giles, is an American music artist, rapper, hip-hop producer, songwriter, and instrumentalist. He is best for his music composition style and powerful energetic performance that drives the audience. Giles gained some serious attention after the release of his most recent single, Alive. His music is engaging with beats that match his performance and anthemic tracks.
Giles uses a unique style of his lyrical content with upbeat music primarily hip-hop which has helped him in gaining an audience. He is often named as a master of all trades, who can play multiple instruments. In a short span of time, Giles has established himself as one of the most influential music artists.
His music is available on almost all digital platforms Amazon music, Apple music, Soundcloud, Spotify, YouTube and several others. Giles is often featured on several high-tier news publications by Thisis50, London Daily Post, The Source, HipHopSince1987 and others for his music releases and engagement that he has created.
A master of all crafts is a jack of all trades and that's the story of Giles. He was formerly known as Vthov and has performed as piano and principal musician on "What Does Freedom Mean" from the Oscar-winning film's soundtrack "The film Twelve Years a Slave." Giles has worked with several renowned musical artists and was also the chief arranger on the highly praised sophomore album by Cody ChesnuTT "Landing on 100z."
As a rapper and hip hop producer under the name "Vthov," his mixtape "Books over Bullets" and first album "Amongst the Stars" have received well over one million views on YouTube. As a musician and performer, he has shared the stage with Gary Clark Jr., Ledisi, and Gary Clark Jr. and opened for Stevie Wonder, Al Jarreau, Nas, Bryan Adams, John Legend, Kendrick Lamar, and several others. Currently, he is using musical skills as well as his entrepreneurial abilities to establish his own artistic brand!
|2022||Grinders and Hustlers||3:29|
- "Giles is Back in The Game With New Single 'Alive'". Disrupt Magazine. 11 April 2022. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- "Giles Is Back In The Game With New Single 'Alive". Grammy Award Global Music. 10 April 2022. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- "hip-hop". 24hip-hop. 19 January 2022. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- "Diverse Artist Giles Gets Back In The Game With A Motivational, Soulful Hip Hop Single, "Alive"". starlightpr1.com. 19 January 2022. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- Grant, Shawn (25 March 2022). "Giles' Debut Single "Alive" Is a Multi-Genre Anthem Which Celebrates the Will to Survive". The Source. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- "Diverse Artist Giles Gets Back in the Game with a Motivational, Soulful Hip Hop Single, "Alive"". Vents Magazine. 11 April 2022. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- "Giles reintroduces himself with timely, moving single 'Alive'". London Daily Post. 11 April 2022. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- "Giles Shares Emotional New Single, "Alive"". Thisis50. 19 April 2022. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- "Giles Returns With New Single "Alive"". Home of Hip Hop Videos & Rap Music, News, Video, Mixtapes & more. 16 April 2022. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- "Giles Brings Power to The People With His New Single "Alive"". Hip Hop Weekly. 7 May 2022. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- "Giles is back with a new single "Alive"". Indie Band Guru. 14 April 2022. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- Paul, Bryson "Boom" (11 March 2022). "Giles Continues To Climb Charts With New Hit Single "Alive"". Hypefresh Inc. Retrieved 12 June 2022.