The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
|Add a Photo|
|Alma mater||Ecole Polytechnique Federal de Lausanne|
Gilead Duvshani is an Israeli architect, architectural theorist, artist and author.
Duvshani was born in 1947 to the educators, Yehudit and Menashe Duvshani, a second son between two sisters. In 1975 he graduated with a degree in architecture from the EPFL Ecole Polytechnique Federal de Lausanne in Switzerland. Upon his return to Israel, he worked in Yaakov Rechter's office for about three years, and since 1983 he has worked as an independent architect in Tel Aviv.
In 1981, he began an academic career, including teaching in the Department of Architecture at the Bezalel Academy in Jerusalem, the Faculty of Architecture at the Haifa Technion, Ariel University and the Holon Institute of Technology.
From 1996 to 2001, he served as the city engineer of Rosh HaAyin. In this position, he was responsible for all areas of construction in the city. Residential buildings, public buildings, and urban planning. Also, responsibility for planning the growth of the city from 30,000 to 120,000 residents.
As an architect
Duvshani has designed dozens of architectural projects in all areas of architecture, private homes, residential buildings, public buildings, conservation, and urban planning. His architectural worldview is based on an approach that believes in the character of the place as a unique component of the architectural work. An approach called Critical Regionalism is an approach that continues modern architecture but negates its insensitivity to the data of the place and the playfulness of postmodernism.
- Zeituni Square - Old Acre. A project carried out as part of a series of projects in which he took part as a member of a team of architects for the restoration of the Old City of Acre, a team appointed by the Israel Antiquities Authority and the Old Acre Development Company.
- Struma Square. At the invitation of the Holon Municipality, Duvshani was required to plan the restoration and restoration of Stroma Square, one of the first squares in the city designed in the 1930s by Jenny Averbuch. The project received an evaluation of excellence by the architectural design team of the Holon City Engineer Division.
- The residential building at 126 Histadrut Street, in Holon. The project won first prize in the competition for excellence in the construction of the beautiful house in Holon, held by the Holon Municipality and the Contractors Association in 2006.
- The residential building at 56 Geulim Street in Holon. The project won third place in the competition for excellence in construction held by the Holon Municipality and the Contractors Association 2006
- The residential building, 2 Yitzhak Rabin Street in Holon. Kibale won first place for excellence in construction in a competition held by the Contractors Organization in 2003
- Yuval Middle School - Rosh HaAyin
- Civic Center - Bat Hefer
- Harel Square Tel Aviv.
- Middle School - Neve Herzog.
- Mugrabi Cinema theatre, Tel Aviv. Duvshani was one of the editors of the restoration plan for the structure of history, the plan did not materialize.
- The international conference on the subject of the international style in Tel Aviv. 22.5.1994 including a lecture he gave during the conference
- Architecture and Water Conference, Faculty of Architecture, Delft Technion, The Netherlands. 1996
- "Docomomo Conference", the international organization for the preservation of modern style heritage. UNESCO Paris, 2002
- Docomomo Conference, Columbia University, New York. 2004
- Design and Memory Conference, Mediatech, and the Center for Israeli Design, Holon. 2006
- 2010 Design Workshop - Materials and architectural expression, ESAM Design. Paris.
- 2014 IEDC, International Design Conference. In the city of Pune, in India. Including a lecture, he gave during the conference.
- 2018 EDUINNOV, 3rd. International Conference, Hangzhou City, China.
- 2019 ISER International conference on Education, in the city of Burgas, Bulgaria, including a lecture he gave during the conference.
Membership in professional associations
Duvshani is a member of the Association of Engineers and Architects in Israel, in the Israeli Council for the Preservation of Buildings and Historical Monuments’ DO.CO.MO.MO. Documentation and preservation of the buildings of the modern movement and the planners of "Bamkom" for 2002, a human rights organization.
Commendation of the jury, the competition for the planning of a synagogue in Kiryat Ya'arim, 1980. First prize, by Holon City Engineer, Struma Square Design. 1999 First prize, excellence in construction, for a residential building at 20 Yitzhak Rabin Street, Holon. By the Contractors Organization. 2003 First prize, the competition for excellence in the construction of the beautiful house in Holon, by the Holon Municipality. 2006 Third Prize, the Competition for Excellence in Building the Beautiful House in Holon, by the Municipality of Holon, 2006
2004 - Personal exhibition, oil paintings - "Lines to the Place", Lighthouse Gallery - Jaffa. 2005 - Pavilion of graduates of the Faculty of Design of the Holon Institute of Technology, La Pira in Milan, Curators. 2005 2006 - Personal exhibition, architectural projects and oil paintings, "Vitrin" Gallery, Faculty of Design, Holon Institute of Technology. 2007 - Personal exhibition of oil paintings, Artists' House, Tel Aviv. Curator: Arie Berkowitz.
Public activities and positions
- 1993-2003 - Urban planning consultant at the Israeli Ministry of Housing for Construction regarding the planning of new neighborhoods.
- 1993-1996 - Consultant for architectural design for the city of Holon.
- 1996-2001 - Architect of the city of Rosh HaAyin.
1995-1991 - Four years of research that led to a book about Magidovich, the first architect of Tel Aviv, published by the Ministry of Defense. 2007–2010 - Research for a book: Design Studio. 2008–2009 - Research for the book: "Comments on Local Architecture in Israel" published in Germany.
As an editor
• Member of the Editorial Board of A.A. Quarterly of the Israel Institute of Architects association.
• Editor of a special issue on Tel-Aviv Architecture. 1984
• Editor and text writing for the exhibition "Built Ye Cities", on Israeli architecture, London 1985
• Editor and text writing for the exhibition "Building a Homeland", on Israeli architecture, Moscue 1991
• Editor of "Vitrina" the bulletin of the Design Faculty at H.I.T. and an article about the Sarahbai house in India by Le Corbusier, 2006
•"Y. Magidovitch" a book by Misrad Habitachon Publishing House, 303 p. 24/30cm The book deal with the architecture of Y. Magidovitch – the first architect of Tel-Aviv. And includes a wide description of the history of the beginning of Tel-Aviv architecture 1995
•"Notes on Local Architecture in Israel" by Wasmuth Publishing House Berlin 2008 268p. 20/28cm, color, hardcover.
•"Foundation Design Studio" – 240 p. 20/24 color, softcover. The book describes a methodology of teaching the foundation design in schools of design and architecture. Include examples of exercises and a wide range of student’s works. Wasmuth Publishing House Berlin
Duvshani served as head of the School of Architecture at Ariel University. Over the years he has taught courses at all levels of academic studies in design and architecture. From 2001 to 2004, he taught at the Bezalel Academy of Art and Design. From 2004 to 2007, he served as dean of the design faculty of the Holon Institute of Technology. Since 2008 he has been a professor at the School of Architecture at Ariel University. In 2009/2009 he taught in Paris in the schools: ESAM and ENSI Between 2015 and 2018 he served as dean at home The School of Architecture at Ariel University.
While studying in Switzerland, Duvshani was an actor in the amateur theater "Théâtre Onze". In recent years he has been performing in the Ofra Weingarten amateur theater. He is married and the father of four.
- Official Website
- The books of Gilad Duvshani on Goodreads
- Gilad Duvshani at Ariel's university homepage.
- Gilad duvshani https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Gilad_duvshani&action=edit&redlink=1e TIME SPACE EXISTENCE 2018
- Maoz Azaryahu: https://books.google.de/books?id=iNLzDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA287&lpg=PA287&dq=gilad+duvshanit+architecture&source=bl&ots=j4e5-gjp9O&sig=ACfU3U2kcES1iDCozVkxwOaOpbeoyS8-FA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiuldKijaDrAhVG26QKHdGbAH84ChDoATACegQIChAB#v=onepage&q=gilad%20duvshanit%20architecture&f=false
- Gilad Duvshani at LayOut Architecture Expo 2017
- Foundation Design Studio in Amazon.de
- Notes on Local Architecture in Israel in Amazon.de
- Books by Gilead Duvshani at Worldcat.
- Gilead Duvshani Speach at the India Design Council.
- Gilead Duvshani at Israel's national library.
- Gilead Duvshani at artvergnuegen
This article "Gilead Duvshani" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.