The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|No. 2 – Bnei Herzliya Basket|
|League||Israeli Basketball Premier League|
|Born||August 2, 1994|
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||230 lb (104 kg)|
|High school||Oak Park and River Forest|
(Oak Park, Illinois) St.Thomas ore
|Career highlights and awards|
Gabe Louis Levin (גייב לוין; born August 2, 1994) is an American-Israeli basketball player. He plays the forward position. He competes for Bnei Herzliya Basket in the Israeli Basketball Premier League.
Early and personal life
Levin was born in Chicago, Illinois, grew up in Oak Park, Illinois, and is Jewish. His parents are Mary Jo and Hillel Levin, and he has two brothers and two sisters. His brother Aaron played basketball at Grinnell College, and is now an assistant coach for the school's basketball team. He is 6' 8" (202 cm) tall, and weighs 230 pounds (104 kg).
Levin attended Oak Park and River Forest High School, and averaged almost 20 points and 10 rebounds per game as a senior. He was a fourth-team All-State selection of the Illinois Basketball Coaches Association, and was named to the ESPN Chicago All-Area Team. Levin then attended St. Thomas More School in Oakdale, Connecticut, for a year of post-graduate studies. He was a First-Team All-New England Preparatory School Athletic Council selection. He attended Loyola Marymount University (Psychology) in 2013-14. Levin played for the Loyola Marymount Lions, averaged 11.1 points and 7.2 rebounds per game, and was fifth in the conference with 1.2 blocks per game. In 2014 he was West Coast Conference All-Freshman Team. He redshirted during the 2014-15 season, attending Marquette University.
Levin then transferred to California State University, Long Beach in 2015, where he played basketball for the Long Beach State Beach men's basketball|Long Beach State Beach from 2015 to 2018. In 2015-16 he averaged 9.5 points and 5.9 rebounds per game, averaged 2.2 offensive rebounds a game (second in the league), shot 50.2% from the field (sixth-best in the Big West Conference), and was seventh with 0.8 blocks per game. In 2016 he was All-Big West Honorable Mention. In 2016-17 he averaged 12.2 points and 6.2 rebounds per game, until a fractured knee injury ended his season, which was followed by successful knee surgery. In 2017-18 he averaged 18.5 points (third in the Big West) and 7.3 rebounds per game, and was third in the Big West in field goal percentage (.455), fourth in rebounds per game (7.2), and sixth in free throw percentage (.815). On February 3, 2018, Levin scored 45 points to match a 47-year-old Long Beach State men’s basketball record. On January 15, 2018, he was named Big West Player of the Week, and in 2018 he was Big West First Team.
- "ISRAEL BASKETBALL SUPER LEAGUE | 2018-19 Season | Bnei Rav-Bariach Herzliya | Gabe Levin". basket.co.il.
- "Gabe Levin Player Profile, Long Beach State, NCAA Stats, International Stats, Events Stats, Game Logs, Bests, Awards - RealGM". basketball.realgm.com.
- "Gabe Levin - Men's Basketball". Loyola Marymount University Athletics.
- "Gabe Levin - Men's Basketball". Long Beach State University Athletics.
- "Gabe Levin stepping into his own his senior year". Daily Forty-Niner. January 31, 2018.
- "Division 1 Basketball Stars 2017-18". Jewish Sports Review.
- MADISON MCCANN (March 7, 2018). "45 Quick Questions with Gabe Levin". DIG MAG.
- "Aaron Levin - Men's Basketball Coach". Grinnell College Athletics.
- "Gabe Levin Basketball Player Profile, Bnei Hertzeliya, News, Winner League, Career, Games Logs, Best, Awards". Eurobasket LLC.
- "Gabe Levin College Stats". College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com.
- Fiddler, J. J. (January 24, 2017). "Long Beach State Men's Basketball Loses Gabe Levin For The Season". The Grunion.
- Arritt, Dan (February 4, 2018). "Gabe Levin ties scoring mark but Long Beach State loses to UC Davis in double OT". Press-Telegram.
- "Israeli BSL News, Rumors, Roster, Stats, Awards, Transactions, Depth Charts, Forums - RealGM". basketball.realgm.com.