New York, New York,
|Michael Wystrach, Carter Comstock|
|Website||[www.freshly.com/en Official Website]|
Freshly is a New York based Convenience food delivery company that delivers throughout the United States. Founded by Michael Wystrach and Carter Comstock, the company produces 31.2 million meals per year and delivers to the contiguous United States.
Freshly was founded by Michael Wystrach and Carter Comstock in 2012. Influenced by 4-H program initiatives, Wystrach adopted minimal food waste and sustainability into Freshly’s menus. The company delivers all meals for a given week and are heated by microwave or stovetop without preparation. Freshly also donates excess ingredients and meals to local food banks as part of its partnership with Feeding America.
CEO Michael Wystrach sought to lose weight after he saw a decline in his overall health following years working in investment banking. His family operated a restaurant, The Steak Out in Sonoita, Arizona and a family friend, emergency room doctor Frank Comstock helped prepare nutritious meals. Co-founder Carter Comstock, the son of Frank Comstock, joined Freshly in 2012.
Following a $7 million Series A round, in 2016, the company raised $21 million in a funding round led by Insight Venture Partners.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Freshly donated $500 thousand in prepared foods to Meals on Wheels. In 2020, Freshly expanded to business-to-business food delivery, including to hospitals and Essential services | essential service workers.
- "Food Still Hot: Why Investors Bet $21 Million On Freshly's Three-Minute Meals". Forbes. Retrieved 7 July 2020.
- "Meal service Freshly to open a facility in Howard County". Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 29 June 2020.
- "Meal Kit Startup Freshly Has A Winning Recipe". New York Business Journal. Retrieved 7 July 2020.
- "I Tried Freshly, Which is Now Producing 600,000 Meals Per Week and Expanding into Snacks". The Spoon. Retrieved 27 June 2020.
- "Healthy meal delivery startup Freshly raises $21M". TechCrunch. Retrieved 27 June 2020.
- "Freshly Launches Freshly for Business to Support WFH Employees and Essential Workers". Food & Beverage magazine. Retrieved 7 July 2020.
- "How Eating Take Out Food Changed Michael Wystrach's Life". The Manual. Retrieved 7 July 2020.
- "Diet food delivery company started by two UA grads goes national". This is Tucson. Retrieved 7 July 2020.
- "This NYC Startup Raised $7M To Change How We Eat". AlleyWatch. Retrieved 29 June 2020.
- "While Competitors Close or Contract, Meal-Delivery Service Freshly Expands Reach to 28 States". Fox News. Retrieved 7 July 2020.
- "Nestle buys stake in U.S. ready meals group Freshly". Reuters. Retrieved 7 July 2020.
- "A new agency and team are part of Freshly's recipe for growth". AdAge. Retrieved 27 June 2020.
- "Spotify's Mayur Gupta on his move to Freshly: 'The industry is still underpenetrated'". The Drum. Retrieved 27 June 2020.
- "Freshly and Nestle team up to donate $500 million to Meals on Wheels". CNBC. Retrieved 7 July 2020.
- "Freshly Launches New B2B Program To Help Companies Offer Employee Meals For Remote And Essential Workers". Forbes. Retrieved 27 June 2020.