Francisco Mateo Baca
September 16, 1991
Redwood City, California
|Education||Abraham Lincoln High School|
|Years active||2013 - present|
|Known for||Luxury Clothing Company - Franky Baca|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
Francisco Mateo Baca (born 16 September 1991), popularly known as Franky Baca, is an American independent fashion designer, actor, author, and entrepreneur. Baca is best known for his unique designs, incorporating unorthodox materials like metal and glass as a signature style trademark, in addition to a seven-color stripe.
Baca is the founder of Franky Baca, a luxury fashion brand that offers ready-to-wear unisex clothing. In six years he has released four clothing collections and participated in several fashion shows and events, including the SF Charity Fashion Show and Blushcon’s Fashion Show.
Baca is also the author of the best selling self-help book titled Women are Better, but also My Irrational Thoughts and Theories, that was additionally rated a number one Hot New Release. Following the Best Seller rating, he has been featured in Forbes India, Fox34 News, Voyage New York, and several other publications.
Early life and education
Francisco (Franky) Mateo Baca was born on 16 September 1991 in Redwood City, California, to Judy Baca and Carlos Baca. Due to his parents divorce he grew up with his mother and his older sister, Amelia. Baca grew up in a lower-middle-class household in South San Francisco and surrounding neighborhoods, visiting his father occasionally who was separated from the family. When Baca was seven years old, his father died of a drug overdose.
After moving around in the San Francisco Bay Area for nearly eight years, in 1999 the family settled in San Jose. Baca completed his high school education at Abraham Lincoln High School.
While growing up, Baca was inclined toward the fashion and art industry from a very young age and explored it by doing vigorous research.
In 2013, Baca decided to pursue his career as a fashion designer. He did extensive research and studying for over a year, and to make sure he wouldn’t be distracted, he locked himself in a room for several hours a day and worked on his first collection. Baca released his first collection in 2014. In 2015, his season 1 collection was showcased in two stores, 3G and Whats on First. His collection was also featured in the SF Charity Fashion Show in 2017, where proceeds were raised and donated to adults and children with learning disabilities.
Franky Baca the company is recognized for its bold and innovative style of futuristic and historic silhouettes merging. Most of Baca’s work is gender-neutral, versatile, and inspired by nature, architecture, family upbringings, childhood friends, classic paintings, film, and his Bay Area home neighborhood. His fashion line includes socks, sweaters, shoes, jackets, snowsuits, swimsuits, shorts, hats, gloves, and several other accessories.
In 2018, his third collection was also dedicated to his late mother, Judy, and was named Season 3 Mom’s Collection, which was inspired by the clothing his mother would get him and wear herself.
Baca has also participated in Blushcon’s 2019 Fashion Show and styled for several music and art videos. He was also an intern for the high-profile shoe designer Jessica Rich in Los Angeles.
After moving to Los Angeles, Baca worked as an actor in several commercials and films like Life in the Day, Lip Sync Bobby, and Chipshot Genie. He also modeled for some local shoots like Curros Optics.
In 2020, Baca began receiving much more press with the debut of his Season 4 collection and his book release, he was featured in Forbes India, Chicago Journal, Voyage New York, and other publications for his tips on getting into the entertainment industry. Baca became a highly recognized self-taught fashion designer partly because of his book which explains how he taught himself fashion designing without fashion school.
Baca is the author of the best selling book titled Women are Better, but also My Irrational Thoughts and Theories: How to Get Started in Fashion, Acting, Modeling, and More! It is a self-help book for career starting, specializing in the entertainment industry.
Baca is an avid environmentalist and is passionate about exercising, investing, and gambling. He currently lives in Los Angeles, California.
In the media
- "Fashion Designer Franky Baca Makes Waves on West Coast with Stylish Clothing Brand". homebusinessmag. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- "Franky Baca Unleashes Unisex Shoe: Franky Baca 1 Low Sneakers". shoeography. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- "Interview with fashion designer Franky Baca -". 26 December 2014. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- "Franky Baca Makes Unisex Clothes For Adults – Free And For Me". freeandforme. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- Sep 4, Men Style Fashion (4 September 2020). "Real Life Tips On How To Start A Fashion Brand". Men Style Fashion. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- "Everyday tips and fashion industry power moves". Clasylook. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- "Exclusive Interview with Fashion Designer Franky Baca". www.wdfxfox34.com. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- "Franky Baca Shows The World "There's No Reason You Can't Be The Next Success Story". Forbes India. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- Parker, Avery (19 December 2014). "Designer spotlight: Franky Baca". The Clothes Maiden Magazine. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- "Franky Baca". www.modelmayhem.com. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- "Fashion Designer Franky Baca on Thriving and Learning Even from Home". www.kivodaily.com. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- "Pandemic Tips On How To Start A Fashion Brand". Mimicnews. 4 September 2020. Retrieved 30 October 2020.
- "Franky Baca Encourages Hopefuls to Chase Their Dreams through Pandemic". Voyage New York. 8 October 2020. Retrieved 30 October 2020.