|Add a Photo|
Fernando Pizarro is a Hispanic American entrepreneur, technology executive and author. Pizarro co-authored The SaaS Sales Method: Sales as a Science (2018), Survival to Thrival: Building the Enterprise Startup (2018), Farm Don’t Hunt: The Definitive Guide to Customer Success (2016) and Blueprints for a SaaS Sales Organization (2015). He is currently Vice President of North America at Spoon Radio|Spoon, a social digital audio live streaming service.
Pizarro, the son of diplomats, was raised in a number of countries, including Honduras, where he attended the American School, and Cairo, where he graduated from the Cairo American College with his high school diploma. Pizarro holds a BA from Harvard University, majoring in East Asian studies, and an MBA from The University of Chicago. He is fluent in Spanish,Chinese and French.
Pizarro joined Spoon in January 2020, opening an office in San Francisco to facilitate the company’s global expansion to the United States. Spoon described the move as “demonstrating the company’s commitment to what it sees as its most important market for the future.” In November 2020, Spoon announced it would produce an interactive esports series in partnership with OP.GG, bringing together gaming fans and professional esports athletes for an hour each week. Pizarro said, “We’re witnessing a huge marriage between the gaming and live streaming communities today, and there has never been a better time to invest in gamer-first content.” In October 2020, Pizarro told The Information, “Gen Z alternative to radio. In South Korea, if you’re a influencer you’re a YouTuber, but if you’re an audio influencer you’re a Spooner.”
From 2013, Pizarro was the United States General Manager for Papaya Mobile, a mobile technology company, and its product AppFlood, a programmatic mobile advertising platform.
In 2011, Pizarro launched the Remember It app in the Apple Store. The app was selected as one of CNN Travel’s 3 Great Apps of the Week. Described as the “world’s first location-based alarm” Remember It allows users to set an alarm when visiting locations where they might forget their credit card, such as a bar or restaurant. Pizarro told ReadWrite, “There are a lot of use cases out there, but this is the one that really resonates with people.”
The SaaS Sales Method: Sales as a Science (2018) was co-authored by Jacco Van Der Kooij, Pizarro, Dominique Levin and Dan Smith. The book looks at the math the underpins each stage in revenue production, from marketing, to sales, to customer success, and infers how revenue leaders should structure their processes, organizations, and training in each. The book’s content was reviewed by GoodReads as “practical and actionable”.
Survival to Thrival: Building the Enterprise Startup (2018) was co-authored by Bob Tinker and Tae Hea Namh and Pizarro. The book is described as an analytical yet practical guide to building enterprise startups. Young Sohn, President & CSO, Samsung Electronics, said, “I wish I had access to this knowledge when I was a founder.” Myk Pono, Founder of PublishNow described the book as “A must-read for every SaaS founder” while Faizal Lakhani, CEO Cybersecuriti.ai, said, “I buy a copy of the book for every startup leader I get involved with. It’s gold.”
Farm Don’t Hunt: The Definitive Guide to Customer Success (2016) was written by Guy Nirpaz and Pizarro. The book provides an in-depth explanation of how to set up a successful customer service team and establish best practices.
Blueprints for a SaaS Sales Organization was written by Jacco Van Der Kooij and Pizarro and provides detailed instructions that will allow sales leaders to design, implement and execute plans and processes that will successfully scale.
- Jung, James (2020-02-04). "Fan Following rise for Spoon Radio as it gets over 10 million downloads". KoreaTechDesk. Retrieved 2021-01-11.
- "Audio Live Streaming App Spoon Raises $40M". TechPope. 2019-12-29. Retrieved 2021-01-11.
- "Spoon, Company That Pioneered Interactive Audio Broadcasting, Raises $40MM Series B". AP NEWS. 2019-12-23. Retrieved 2021-01-11.
- Spoon (2020-11-19). "OP.GG and Spoon Launch The First Interactive Esports Audio Live Stream". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 2021-01-11.
- "OP.GG and Spoon Launch The First Interactive Esports Audio Live Stream". AP NEWS. 2020-11-19. Retrieved 2021-01-11.
- Baker, Thomas (2020-11-19). "GG no RE: Spoon Partners with OP.GG for Weekly Esports Audio Live Stream". The Game Haus. Retrieved 2021-01-11.
- "Audio Startups Multiply as Investors Seek the Next Clubhouse". The Information. Retrieved 2021-01-11.
- ""Cross Promotion: The Name of the Game" with Fernando Pizarro of Papaya - YouTube". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 2021-01-11.
- "3 great apps of the week | CNN Travel". travel.cnn.com. Retrieved 2021-01-11.
- "A Night of Drinking Leads to a Hangover, a Missing Credit Card and an App". AllThingsD. Retrieved 2021-01-11.
- "Remember It Reminds You That Your Didn't Pay Your Bar Tab". ReadWrite. 2011-04-25. Retrieved 2021-01-11.
- "The SaaS Sales Method (Sales Blueprints Book 1)". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 2021-01-11.
- "Survival to Thrival". survivaltothrival.com. 2017-09-27. Retrieved 2021-01-11.
- "Testimonials | Survival to Thrival". survivaltothrival.com. 2020-01-03. Retrieved 2021-01-11.
- "Farm Don't Hunt". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 2021-01-11.
- "Blueprint Saas Methodology". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 2021-01-11.
This article "Fernando Pizarro" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.