The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Add a Photo|
February 14, 1966
|Employer||National Taiwan Normal University|
Wei-Ta Fang (Chinese: 方偉達; pinyin: Fȧng Wĕi-Dá) is a Taiwanese wetland scientist and Environmental educator, a Distinguished Professor and Director of the Graduate Institute of Environmental Education, National Taiwan Normal University. President of the Society of Wetland Scientists (SWS) Asia Chapter.
Early life and education
Fang was born in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. He received a BA degree in land economics and administration from National Taipei University (Taipei, Taiwan) in 1989. He received his first master’s degree in environmental planning (MEP) from Arizona State University, USA, in 1994, and a second master’s degree in landscape architecture in design studies (MDes.S.) from the Graduate School of Design, Harvard, USA, in 2001. He obtained a Ph.D. from the Department of Ecosystem Science and Management, Texas A&M University, USA, in 2005.
He served as a specialist in the Taipei Land Management Bureau in 1991 and 1992 and a senior specialist in charge of environmental education and environmental impact assessments (EIAs) at Taiwan’s Environmental Protection Administration(EPA) Headquarters from 1994 to 2006. He was also Coprincipal Investigator (Co-PI) for the National Environmental Literacy Survey in Taiwan during 2012and 2020. He is currently serving as Distinguished Professor and as Director of the Graduate Institute of Environmental Education, National Taiwan Normal University, and is President of the Society of Wetland Scientists (SWS) Asia Chapter. He was awarded the designation of Visiting Research Fellow from the Director, Dr. Xingyuan He at the Northeast Institute of Geography and Agroecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences in Changchun, China in March 2016.
- 《Tourism in Emerging Economies: The Way We Green, Sustainable, and Healthy》
- 《Envisioning Environmental Literacy: Action and Outreach》
- "Wei Ta Fang". Graduate Institute of Environmental Education, NTNU. Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- "2011 Society of Wetland Scientists Asia Chapter". www.swsasia.org. Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- "Congratulations Dr. Wei- Ta Fang". Society of Wetland Scientists. Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- Fang, Wei-Ta. (2020). Tourism in emerging economies: the way we green, sustainable, and healthy. Singapore: Springer. ISBN 978-981-15-2463-9. OCLC 1135206163.
- FANG, WEI-TA. (2020). ENVISIONING ENVIRONMENTAL LITERACY : action and outreach. [S.l.]: SPRINGER. ISBN 981-15-7005-1. OCLC 1158211158.
- Wei-Ta FANG | PhD | Professor (Associate) | National Taiwan Normal University
- Wei-Ta Fang 方偉達 - Google Scholar
- Wei-Ta Fang - IntechOpen Open Access Publisher
- Wei-ta Fang | National Taiwan Normal University - Academia
- Wei-Ta Fang — National Taiwan Normal University
- Wei-Ta Fang | Publons
- Envisioning Environmental Literacy | Wei-Ta Fang - Springer