Evgeny Alexandrovitch Khvalkov
Evgeny Alexandrovitch Khvalkov
|Born||July 14, 1986|
|Residence||Saint Petersburg, Russia|
|Education||MSU Faculty of History|
|Alma mater||Moscow State University, Central European University, European University Institute|
|Known for||Studies of Genoan and Venetian colonies on the northern Black Sea coast|
|Awards||Zvetlana-Mihaela Tanasa Memorial Fund award, 2013 European Science Foundation EUROCORES / EuroCORECODE Programme MA Thesis Award|
|Institutions||Higher School of Economics|
|Academic advisors||Sergey Karpov, Luca Molà|
Evgeny Alexandrovitch Khvalkov, PhD - Romanization of Ukrainian|latinisation Evgen/Ievgen A. Khvalkov), born July 14, 1986, Sevastopol) is a Russia|Russian medievalist, who specializes in the history of Gazaria and, more generally, Genoese colonies|Genoese and Venetian Republic|Venetian colonization in the Black Sea area and the Mediterranean and the intercultural exchanges in the pre-modern Old World. PhD (2015), Associate Professor of the Department of History at the National Research University Higher School of Economics, Saint-Petersburg (2017). A Research Editor at Vox Medii aevi magazine.
In 2010 graduated from the Lomonosov Moscow State University, Faculty of History, Medieval Studies Department, with the thesis title "Notarial deeds of the Venetian Notaries Niccolò de Varsis and Benedetto de Smeritis as a Source for the History of Azov#History| Tana (1430 – 1440)", written under the supervision of Sergey Karpov. In 2011 got his MA in Medieval Studies at the Central European University|Central European University (Budapest), Department of Medieval Studies, with the MA thesis title "Tana, a Venetian and Genoese Black Sea Trading Station in the 1430s: A Social and Economic History" (gained a prize for the best MA thesis of the year). In 2015 got his PhD in History and Civilization at the European University Institute|European University Institute (Florence), Department of History and Civilization with the dissertation title "The Colonies of Genoa in the Black Sea Region: Evolution and Transformation" (further published as a monograph with Routledge Publishers Since 2015 joined the Department of History at the National Research University Higher School of Economics, Saint-Petersburg, as Senior Lecturer (since 2015) and Associate Professor (since 2017). Since 2018 is also the Head of the researchers and undergraduate students' team analyzing written sources on the medieval Italian history. Teaches courses in ancient, medieval and early modern history.
- Ievgen Khvalkov. PhD thesis abstract. In: EUI Academic Publications 2015 - European University Institute (in English). - Florence. - p.108. https://www.eui.eu/Documents/ServicesAdmin/CommunicationsService/CorporatePublications/PAR/EUIPAR2015EN.pdf
- Khvalkov, Ievgen A. Tana, a Venetian and Genoese Black Sea Trading Station in the 1430s: A Social and Economic History. MA thesis. Central European University, 2011. http://www.etd.ceu.edu/2011/khvalkov_ievgen.pdf
- "Ievgen A. Khvalkovis - Viella". Viella Libreria Editrice. Retrieved 2019-11-01.
- "Редакция — Vox medii aevi" (in русский). Retrieved 2019-10-02.
- "Careers". European University Institute. Retrieved 2019-10-29.
- Khvalkov, Evgeny (2015). The colonies of Genoa in the Black Sea Region : evolution and transformation (Thesis thesis).
- "Участники группы". spb.hse.ru (in русский). Retrieved 2019-10-16.
- "Научно-учебная группа "Епископы, дожи и купцы: тексты Средневековых городов Италии XIII-XV вв."". spb.hse.ru (in русский). Retrieved 2019-10-16.
This article "Evgeny Alexandrovitch Khvalkov" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.