Ethan Glass (Rugby Union referee)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
|Birth name||Ethan Glass|
|Place of birth||Ayr, Scotland|
|University||University of Zürich|
|Occupation(s)||Rugby Union Referee|
|Rugby union career|
Ethan Glass is a rugby union referee who represents the Swiss Rugby Federation.
He currently referees in the Swiss Ligue National A  and is Switzerland's Rugby Europe panel, referee. Since the start of his career in 2016 Ethan has gone on to become the youngest appointed referee in the Swiss LNA and the youngest official to take charge of a National League Final (Ligue National B 2018). On 24 November 2017 he refereed his first Ligue National A match.
Glass is part of the Swiss Rugby Referee Society and the Swiss top refereeing panel.
International XV Career
Glass received his first Rugby Europe appointment in April 2018 at the European Under-18 Rugby Union Championship Conference 1; refereeing Hungary vs Bulgaria in the tournament's opening game, Croatia vs Bulgaria and acted as an assistant referee for the Final between Croatia and Israel.
In March 2019 he became the youngest refereeing appointed to a Rugby Europe men's senior test match, refereeing the 2018–19 Rugby Europe Conference match between Israel and Bosnia . Later that year Glass would referee Latvia vs Denmark in the 2018–19 Rugby Europe Conference 2 North promotion decider and took charge of Malta's shock home defeat to Cyprus in November.
International 7s Career
Glass refereed at the 2018 Rugby Europe Sevens Conferences hosted by the Estonian Rugby Union, Scandinavian 7s hosted by RK Speed and Nivelles 7s, where he refereed the Men's Gold Final.
In May 2019 Glass was appointed to referee at the Rugby Europe 7s Champions Clubs Trophy, where he refereed the Bronze Final between Narvskaya Zastava (Russia) and Hernani CRE (Spain) and at Amsterdam Sevens at the end of the month. In June he refereed at both legs of the 2019 Rugby Europe Sevens Trophy in Zagreb and Zenica. Glass was appointed to referee the Final in Zenica - deciding who won promotion to the 2020 Grand Prix Series and qualification to the 2019 Rugby Europe Sevens Olympic Qualifying Tournament - played by Lithuania and Ukraine.
- ↑ "Swiss LNA: Overview". FSR SportLomo site.
- ↑ "Ligue National B Final 2018 Gamesheet" (PDF). Rugby Suisse Archive.
- ↑ "Stade Lausanne vs CERN, Ligue National A Gamesheet" (PDF). Rugby Suisse Archive. November 4, 2017.
- ↑ "Hungary vs Bulgaria, Rugby Europe U18 Championship Conference 1". Rugby Europe.
- ↑ "Croatia vs Bulgaria, Rugby Europe U18 Championship Conference 1". Rugby Europe.
- ↑ "Youngest referee ever appointed by Rugby Europe for an International Senior Game (XV) is Swiss!". Swiss Rugby Match Officials.
- ↑ "Israel vs Bosnia - Referee: Ethan Glass". Rugby 365.
- ↑ "Latvia vs Denmark- Referee: Ethan Glass". Rugby 365.
- ↑ "Late Cyprus try condemns Malta to defeat". Rugby Redefined.
- ↑ "Amsterdam Sevens Fixtures 2019". Amsterdam Sevens.
- ↑ "Men's 7s Trophy Final: Lithuania vs Ukraine". Rugby Europe.
This article "Ethan Glass (Rugby Union referee)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.