The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
|Add a Photo|
|Born||1959 (age 62–63)|
|Employer||ESADE Business School|
Esteve Almirall (born 1959) is the director of the Center for Innovation Cities and profesor of Innovation in ESADE Business School. Founder of the Master in Management Science - Business Analytics (MIBA) in ESADE Business School, that was ranked #5 in the world in 2019, after only 2 years of life, by QS Business Master Rankings Top Universities Ranking 2019, Almirall is a researcher and keynote speaker in fields like Smart cities, Open Innovation, Technologies, AI, Complexity and Data Science.
Education and experience
Almirall holds a PhD in Management Sciences ESADE Business School, a MRes in Management Sciences, a MCIS, DEA and MRes in Artificial Intelligence UPC, a MBA and a PDD from IESE Business School, a Diploma in Marketing from University of California, Berkeley and a GCPCL Diploma from Harvard Business School. Currently focused in the intersection between technology and innovation and how IT is changing the way we innovate from the individual inventor to ecosystems, from owing and buying innovations to benefiting from innovations created by others by aligning incentives and motivations. Most of his career has been devoted to Information Technologies, especially in consulting, banking and finances where he worked for more than 20 years in executive and board level positions in IS, Organization and Marketing.
His research is focused in fields such as Smart Cities, Innovation Ecosystems, Innovation in the Public Sector or User Innovation (particularly Living Labs). Almirall has also been coordinating several large EU and World Bank projects in this fields.
Almirall is currently the Director of the Center for Innovation in Cities and he is teaching Competing with AI and Cloud in ESADE Business School, Complexity and Open Innovation. He also teaches Python, Julia, Machine Learning, Cloud Platforms and has an accreditation from AWS as Amazon Web Services Academy Accredited Ambassador & Associate and AWS Solutions Architect since 2017. He has been serving as Professor in EPFL (Lausanne), UPF (Barcelona), among others.
Research and publications
As a researcher, this academic has 79 papers published in Management and Technologies reviews and almost 4,000 citations in Google Scholar:
- Artificial Intelligence as Augmenting Automation: Implications for Employment. FT Tschang, E Almirall. Academy of Management Perspectives (2020).
- Data ecosystems for protecting European citizens’ digital rights. I Calzada, E Almirall, Transforming Government: People, Process and Policy (2020).
- Cuando un algoritmo decide por y sobre ti.... E Almirall, Harvard Deusto business review, 50-52 (2020).
- ¿Cómo sobrevivir al tsunami de la IA?. E Almirall, Harvard Deusto Business Review (2019).
- Optimizing and Satisficing: The Interplay Between Platform Architecture and Developers’ Design Strategies on Platform Performance. S Brunsbricker, E Almirall, A Majchrzak, Management Information Systems Quarterly (2019).
- Transparency in policy making: A complexity view. S Brunswicker, LP Priego, E Almirall. Government Information Quarterly 36 (3), 571-591 (2019).
- Barcelona’s grassroots-led urban experimentation: Deciphering the ‘data commons’ policy scheme. I Calzada, E Almirall. Social Science Research Network (2019).
- Transparency in Policy Making: Guiding Citizens Towards Greater Collective Welfare. S Brunswicker, E Almirall, MJ Lee. Government Information Quarterly (2018).
- Inteligencia artificial y competitividad. E Almirall. Harvard Deusto business review, 45-46 (2018).
- Researching Open Innovation: Theoretical Perspectives and Empirical Settings for Future Research. M Bogers, J Sims, A Radziwon, M Mahdad, GP Romanova, E Almirall, SM Xu, Academy of Management (2018).
- Cocreating value from open data: from incentivizing developers to inducing cocreation in open data innovation ecosystems. S Brunswicker, A Majchrzak, E Almirall, R Tee. World Scientific Book Chapters, 141-162 (2018).
- Creativity in Innovation. C McPhee, M Westerlund, S Leminen, AG Nyström, E Almirall, M Lee, ...Technology Innovation Management Review (2018).
- Intervention intermediaries flourish: matching firms with solutions to complex needs. T Bakici, E Almirall. Journal of Business Strategy (2017).
- Robots, drones y máquinas inteligentes en las empresas. ¿Son el nuevo capital laboral?: Cambio y transformación en empresas digitales y tradicionales. E Almirall. Harvard Deusto business review, 37-38 (2017).
Esteve Almirall in the media
This article "Esteve Almirall" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.