|Add a Photo|
Emmanuel Adjei is a Ghanaian-Dutch film director and visual artist. Adjei was featured as co-director and creative collaborator of Black Is King, the musical film and visual album by Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter, which premiered on Disney+, July 31, 2020.
He directed alongside British singer FKA twigs the music video for Don't Judge Me, released on January 26, 2021, which featured the Tate Modern commissioned sculpture Fons Americanus by American contemporary artist Kara Walker.
Adjei graduated with a degree in Fine Art from the Utrecht School of the Arts in the Netherlands, before securing a talent scholarship to attend the Royal Academy of Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Ghent, Belgium, where he studied Audiovisual Arts and Film. During this time, he discovered his passion for experimental cinema and video installation. In 2013 and 2014, Adjei was awarded a Young Talent grant from the Mondriaan Fund to develop his artistic practice.
- "In Conversation with Emmanuel Adjei". GLAMCULT.COM. Retrieved 2021-01-28.
- "Emmanuel Adjei". www.prior.club. Retrieved 2020-12-21.
- Sisario, Ben (2020-07-30). "Beyoncé's 'Black Is King' Is No Secret, but Still Comes With Mystery". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2021-01-28.
- Rij, Door Sanne van (2020-08-04). "Hoe de Ghanees-Nederlandse Emmanuel Adjei co-regisseur van Beyoncé's 'Black is King' werd". Vogue (in Nederlands). Retrieved 2020-12-20.
- Kroll, Justin; Kroll, Justin (2020-09-08). "'Black Is King' Co-Director Emmanuel Adjei Signs With LBI Entertainment". Deadline. Retrieved 2020-12-20.
- "How the directors of Beyoncé's Black Is King created an exercise in modern mythmaking". The FADER. Retrieved 2021-01-28.
- "Emmanuel Adjei on working with FKA twigs for the Don't Judge Me video". The Face. Retrieved 2021-01-28.
- "FKA Twigs's "Don't Judge Me" Music Video Is A Poignant Celebration Of Black Activism & Fashion". British Vogue. Retrieved 2021-01-28.
- Shaffer, Claire; Shaffer, Claire (2021-01-26). "FKA Twigs, Headie One, Fred Again.. Share New Single 'Don't Judge Me'". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2021-01-28.
- "FKA twigs and Headie One Honor Black Activists on 'Don't Judge Me'". PAPER. 2021-01-26. Retrieved 2021-01-28.
- "An Interview with Emmanuel Adjei | Music and Film Craft | Music Production & Composition | MassiveMusic". www.massivemusic.com. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- "Emmanuel and Madonna". 1.4. 2019-07-23. Retrieved 2021-01-28.
- "Sevdaliza's "Shahmaran" Director Talks Making Her Epic Visuals". Highsnobiety. 2018-09-04. Retrieved 2021-01-28.
- "Emmanuel Adjei on the Dark Ballet of music videos | shots". shots. Retrieved 2021-01-28.
- "Mark Pritchard ft Bibio 'Give It Your Choir' by Emmanuel Adjei | Videos | Promonews". Promonewstv. Retrieved 2021-01-28.
- "The Directors Bureau Signs Director Emmanuel Adjei | LBBOnline". www.lbbonline.com. Retrieved 2020-12-30.
- "Emmanuel Adjei ⋆ Nederlands Film Festival 2020". Nederlands Film Festival 2020. Retrieved 2021-01-28.
- "Emmanuel Adjei". GRAMMY.com. 2020-12-15. Retrieved 2020-12-21.
- "2021 GRAMMYs: Complete Nominees List". GRAMMY.com. 2020-11-24. Retrieved 2021-01-28.
This article "Emmanuel Adjei" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.