The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
|Add a Photo|
|Born||December 25, 1986|
Lesnoy, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
|Alma mater||Moscow Conservatory|
|Occupation||Opera singer (soprano)|
Elena Stikhina (Russian: Елена Стихина, born 25 December 1986 in Lesnoy) is a Russian operatic soprano.
After studying piano at the music school of her hometown Lesnoy., Elena Stikhina studied singing at Moscow Conservatory and from 2012 to 2014 at Galina Vishnevskaya Opera Centre  in Moscow. Having completed her studies, Stikhina became a soloist at the Primorsky Opera and Ballet Theater in Vladivostok in 2014, and from 2017 a soloist at Mariinsky Theatre in Saint Petersburg. In just a few years Stikhina has developed an extensive repertoire focusing on Puccini, Verdi and Russian opera. Stikhina has been performing globally at the most important opera houses since 2016. 2017 saw her American debut as Floria Tosca in Puccini's Tosca in Boston's Lyric Opera. In May 2018 she sang Senta in Richard Wagner's Flying Dutchman for the first time under the baton of Valery Gergiev in the Gasteig, Munich and Festspielhaus Baden-Baden, Germany. In December 2018 Stikhina debuted at the Met as Puccini's Suor Angelica and in April 2019 as Cio-Cio-San in Puccini's Madama Butterfly at Dutch National Opera in Amsterdam. In 2019 Stikhina also debuted at the Salzburg Festival in the title role of Cherubini's Médée and at the BBC Proms in London as Tatjana in the letter scene of Tschaikowski's Eugene Onegin.
|Donna Leonora||Verdi||La forza del destino|
|Lisa||Tschaikowski||The Queen of Spades|
|Maliella||Wolf-Ferrari||I gioielli della Madonna|
|Senta||Wagner||Der fliegende Holländer|
|Suor Angelica||Puccini||Suor Angelica|
Recognition and awards
- First Prize and Audience Award of the International Competition "Competizione dell'Opera" (Linz, Austria, 2014)
- Winner of the Audience Award "Best Singer" and the "Culturarte Award" in the context of Plácido Domingo's Operalia Competition 2016
- Operawire's "Artist Of The Week" on July 29, 2019 
- Casta Diva Award 2020 "Take Off" 
In the media
- CV on the page of the music school Lesnoy, retrieved on June 20, 2018
- CV on the Mariinsky Theater website, retrieved on June 20, 2018
- Boston Lyric Opera’s Tosca combines convention, experimentation, retrieved on July 11, 2019
- Bob Wilson's cool minimalist Butterfly is back in Amsterdam, retrieved on July 11, 2019
- Young lirico-spinto soprano Elena Stikhina is already making a distinguished name for herself in the international world of opera, retrieved on April 14, 2020
- Elena Stikhina gives a no-holds-barred account of the title role, gathering the lion’s share of the applause, retrieved on April 14, 2020
- highly impressive and absorbing performance, retrieved on April 14, 2020
- Report of the Oberösterreichischen Nachrichten of 30 September 2014, retrieved on June 20, 2016.
- Operalia Website, retrieved on June 21, 2016.
- Russian Soprano Makes Salzburg Festival in 'Medée', retrieved on April 14, 2020.
- Elena Stikhina, retrieved on April 14, 2020.
- Vermittlerin der Gefühle“ in Opernnetz , retrieved on June 21, 2018
- Elena Stikhina sings Un bel di vedremo from Puccini's Madama Butterfly, retrieved on July 11, 2019
- Elena Stikhina on facebook
- Elena Stikhina on instagram
- Elena Stikhina | IMG Artists
- Elena Stikhina, soprano - Operabase
This article "Elena Stikhina" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.