|Founded||March 1, 2018|
|Headquarters||New York City, NY|
EchoAR is backed by Remagine Ventures and Techstars, and received grants from Y Combinator, Verizon, and NYC Media Lab. EchoAR was named an AR/VR finalist for SXSW 2020, one of 2019's Most Fundable Companies, and one of the Top 25 finalists in Sir Richard Branson's Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC) 2019. The startup also won the 2019 DevProject Award and has been featured on The Hill and Bold TV. EchoAR was chosen to present at the startup pitch competition at Augmented World Expo, the world’s number one AR/VR conference and expo, which celebrated its 10th anniversary in Santa Clara, CA.
EchoAR provides a subscription-based, 3D-first content management system (CMS) and content delivery network that allows developers to build their AR app backend in minutes, and allows their clients to upload, manage, and publish content to the AR/VR app without involving development teams.
Software Development Kit (SDK) for developers to choose to build their app, including Oculus VR, ARCore, ARKit, Vuforia, WebXR, AR.js, Unity (game engine), MagicLeap, and others. The echoAR solution allows AR/VR developers to save time on building and maintaining an app backend, and allows them to quickly go from development, to testing, and to production. Furthermore, content creators do not need technical knowledge to use the system as they are able to manage AR content anywhere using the web app.
Users of echoAR can choose from four tiers of services. The Starter service for individuals is free, while the Pro service for teams, Full service for businesses, and Elite service for enterprises offer increasing levels of access, storage, bandwidth, and support for a monthly subscription fee after an initial free trial.
EchoAR was founded in 2018 to address the problem facing the AR/VR development community that AR apps do not scale. While studying in their respective graduate programs, the founders observed many AR/VR projects in development and noticed that developers struggled to create scalable and dynamic AR/VR apps. The founders conducted over 250 interviews with AR developers and industry leaders in order to validate that key AR/VR development tools were missing and that people want 3D-first, server-side tools and infrastructure. They found that typical AR/VR apps are single-user experiences with static and hard-to-update content, making it difficult to update 3D content across different platforms, which often have platform-specific specifications. They also noted that developers struggle to onboard clients since any change in an app would result in endless development cycles. EchoAR was created in order to build these tools to help developers scale AR/VR/3D solutions.
EchoAR is backed by Techstars and Remagine Ventures. The company has also received grants from Y Combinator, Verizon, and NYC Media Lab.
- Finalist, SXSW Pitch Competition (2020 - postponed due to COVID-19)
- Winner, DevProject Award at DeveloperWeek NYC (2019)
- Finalist, LDV Vision Summit Startup Competition (2019)
- Top 25 finalist, Sir Richard Branson’s Extreme Tech Challenge(2019)
- Finalist, The Entrepreneurship World Cup (2019)
- Named to Pepperdine Graziadio Business School Annual List of Most Fundable Companies (2019)
- Winner, TechnoART Live Startup Competition (2019)
- List of augmented reality software
- Augment (app)
- Augmented reality
- Virtual reality
- "Organization: echoAR". Crunchbase. p. Overview. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "Organization: Verizon Wireless". Crunchbase. p. Investments. Retrieved 22 May 2020.
- "5 Austin Startups Emerge for the 2020 SXSW Pitch Competition". Austin Inno. Jan 22, 2020. Retrieved 22 May 2020.
- Manchester, Julia (January 7, 2019). "Tech CEO says 5G will drastically improve augmented reality". The Hill. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "Bold Business: Entrepreneur of The Week". BoldTV. Jan 29, 2019. Retrieved 22 May 2020.
- "Speakers". AWE USA 2019. Retrieved 8 June 2020.
- "Features". echoAR. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "Introduction - Why use echoAR?". echoAR. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "Pricing". echoAR. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "Techstars Anywhere Accelerator Welcomes 2019 Class". Techstars. February 4, 2019.
- "echoAR graduates Techstars". Medium. July 15, 2019.
- "Organization: echoAR". Crunchbase. p. Investors. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "Meet the 50 Startup Finalists for SXSW Pitch 2020". SXSW. 22 Jan 2020. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "South by Southwest Announces 2020 SXSW Pitch Competition Finalists". TechPope. 31 January 2020. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "echoAR wins the DevProject Award". echoAR Blog. 2019-07-15. Retrieved 2019-05-20.
- "echoAR selected finalist at LDV Vision Summit 2019". echoAR Blog. 2019-07-15. Retrieved 2019-05-20.
- "Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC) announces Top 25 for Fifth Annual Competition". Press Release. The Confluence Group. 2019. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "Entrepreneurship World Cup". Press Release. GSV Labs. 2019. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "Pepperdine Graziadio Business School Reveals 2nd Annual List of Most Fundable Companies". Business Wire. October 18, 2019. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "echoAR wins TechnoART LIVE 2019". echoAR Blog. echoAR. Nov 30, 2019. Retrieved 21 May 2020.