|Add a Photo|
Ganesh Kumari Shakya
1934 (age 86–87)
Patan, Gujarat, India
|Occupation||Buddhist nun and teacher|
Dhammawati Guruma, born Ganesh Kumari Shakya in 1934, is a renowned Buddhist nun and teacher from Kathmandu, Nepal. At the age of 14, she ran away to Myanmar to pursue her education in Buddhism where she became friends with Aung San Suu Kyi. She is the founder of the Dharmakirti Vihar in Kathmandu.
In the media
- "Dhammawati: Guruma". ECS NEPAL. Retrieved 2020-04-20.
- "Between two worlds". kathmandupost.com. Retrieved 2020-09-16.
- "Ven. Bhikkhuni Dhammawati Guruma". www.dharmodaya.org. Retrieved 2020-09-16.
- Rebuilding Buddhism: The Theravada Movement in Twentieth-Century Nepal. Harvard University Press. ISBN 0-674-01908-3.
- "About Us | International Bhikkhuni Sangha". Retrieved 2020-09-16.
- "#10 - Dhammawati Guruma, 86 years old - Life Journey & Perspectives [Newari]". Aji's. Retrieved 2020-04-20.
- Biography of Dhammawati Guruma from ... - Facebook
- Dhammawati: Guruma | Features | ECSNEPAL - The Nepali Way
- Rebuilding Buddhism: The Theravada Movement
- Eminent Buddhist Women
This article "Dhammawati Guruma" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.