The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
|Add a Photo|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Known for||CEO of bpx energy|
|Title||Chairman and President|
|Relatives||Doug Lawler (brother)|
David Lawler is an American business executive and the chairman and president of BP America as well as chief executive officer of bpx energy.
Early life and education
Lawler grew up in Denver and studied at the Colorado School of Mines, where he gained a petroleum engineering degree. Later he received an MBA from Tulane University.
Lawler worked for a number of "major integrated" oil and gas companies, including Royal Dutch Shell for the first 10 years of his career. He began his career as a production engineer with Conoco, then he went on to join Burlington Resources where he held various positions in leadership on well sites, and worked in drilling engineering before moving on to Shell. At Shell, his roles included business planning for the Americas and engineering and operations manager for the U.S. Gulf Coast business unit.
He later served as president, chief operating officer (COO), and a director for Quest Resource Corp from 2007 to 2009, when the company's board announced his appointment to the position of CEO. He went on to spend time working for Oklahoma based independent producers, first Post Rock Energy Corp as CEO and president before moving on to become the COO and later executive vice president of SandRidge Energy.
Lawler took on the role of CEO of BP's US onshore business bpxenergy in 2014. In that role, he led BP's acquisition of BHP's American shale assets, significant at the time as the company's largest acquisition transaction since their 1999 purchase of ARCO. BP announced in 2020 that Lawler would additionally become the chairman and president of BP America on July 1, 2020. As part of BP's efforts to reduce carbon emissions, aiming for net zero by 2050, Lawler was tasked with eliminating flaring from the brand's Shale oil |shale operations, in the Permian Basin especially.
Lawler's brother, Doug Lawler, is the CEO of Chesapeake Energy Corp.
- Kohler, Judith (May 28, 2020). "Denver native will take over as BP America's chairman, president starting July 1". Denver Post. Retrieved August 13, 2020.
- Patsy, Emily (May 28, 2020). "BP Names David Lawler as New Head of BP America". HartEnergy. Retrieved August 13, 2020.
- "David Lawler to succeed Susan Dio as chairman and president of BP America". Fuels and Lubes. 2020. Retrieved August 13, 2020.
- "Quest Resource Corp. Enters into Fourth Amendment to Amended and Restated Credit Agreement; Appoints David C. Lawler as Chief Executive Officer". S&P Daily News. June 3, 2009. Retrieved August 13, 2020.
- "BP hires SandRidge Energy executive David Lawler as CEO of its US business before spinoff". Fox Business. August 20, 2014. Retrieved August 13, 2020.
- Marks, Jay (August 20, 2014). "SandRidge exec David Lawler is chosen to lead new BP unit". The Oklahoman. Retrieved August 13, 2020.
- Chapa, Sergio (May 28, 2020). "BP taps Denver-based executive to lead company's U.S. operations". The Houston Chronicle. Retrieved August 13, 2020.
- David Lawler on linkedin
- David C. Lawler named next chief of bp America | News | Home
- David C. Lawler Bio - BP
- David Lawler new chairman and president of BP America
- BP America names Denver native is new chairman, president
- BP America taps David Lawler as new chief - Kallanish Energy
This article "David Lawler" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.