|Manan Khurma (CEO)|
Nikhil Pawar (Head of Curriculum)
|Products||Math learning program|
|Parent||Cuelearn Pvt Ltd|
Cuemath is a math learning program for children aged 4 to 14 (Kindergarten to Grade 8). This program is offered at home-based centers across India, and is built by Cuelearn Pvt Ltd, a Bangalore based math education company. According to their website, Cuemath had around 5000 teachers and 50,000 students as of October 2019.
Cuemath is built by Cuelearn Pvt Ltd, a math education company founded by Manan Khurma in 2014. Manan, an IIT-Delhi alumnus started teaching math to 17 and 18-year old students while still in college. Realizing that the difficulties his students faced originated due to conceptual gaps created while in primary and secondary school, Manan decided to create a program that focused on a strong math foundation.
Cuemath core philosophy is that Math is a life skill and cannot be taught in a passive way. Students have to be actively involved and solve problems with increasing level of challenge. This active learning philosophy is integrated into the home-based centers. Cuemath teachers provide children with problem sets and students have to work their way through these. Problem sets are provided as workbooks in the home-based centers. To visualize concepts students use physical learning aids in the home-based centers and interactive simulations in the online mode. A teacher is present to explain the basics and to clear doubts. The presence of a teacher and constant active involvement of a student is the basis of the Cuemath Program.
The firm has raised $4 million from Sequoia Capital India in its Series A funding in February 2015, and a seed round in 2014 from Unitus Seed Fund. In 2017 Capital G, the investment arm of Alphabet Inc. led a $15M Series B round.
The Cuemath program is in sync with the school curriculum. Teachers create personalized learning plans based on CBSE, ICSE, the state board or the International board. All topics are covered by a combination of worksheets, tab-based games and math, and logic puzzles. Cuemath connects all these together with a gamified layer of comic characters.
- "Cuemath to scale up math excellence centres to 4000 to 5,000".
- Khurma, Manan. "About Manan Khurma". Entrepreneur.
- "Over 90% Of CEO's Agree Maths Is Key To Career Progression During Automation".
- Kumar, Sajan. "Cuemath: Learning math as a life skill".
- "500 parents decode student-teacher relationship, say one-on-one interaction is essential for education".
- "Math training startup Cuemath raises $4M from Sequoia & Unitus".
- "Google's CapitalG invests in edu startup Cuemath".
- "Google, Sequoia lead $15 million investment into promising Indian edtech startup Cuemath".
- "Cuemath raises ₹27 crore".
- "Cuemath Gamifies Math Education By Launching The First Ever 'Mathematical Universe'".
- "Cuemath debuts motion comics to help students improve their math solving ability".
- "Making Maths fun: Cuemath gamifies it by launching first ever 'Mathematical Universe'".