Crossover (2020 comic book)
|Publication date||November 2020|
|Written by||Donny Cates|
Crossover is an upcoming American comic book limited series written by Donny Cates and drawn by John J. Hill, Geoff Shaw and Dee Cunniffe. The series is set to be published by Image Comics in November 2020.
In July 2020, during San Diego Comic-Con 2020, Image Comics announced a comic book series titled Crossover, being written by Donny Cates, and drawn by John J. Hill, Geoff Shaw and Dee Cunniffe. Back in 2017, they have already been involved in the creation of God Country and Redneck, two other Image series.
According to Cates and Shaw during an interview on IGN, the story is inspired by crossover events featured by comic book publishers like DC Comics, Marvel Comics, among others, being a mixture between Avengers: Endgame and Cloverfield, and they also revealed the possibility for other Image characters to appear.
In 2017, a fictional comic book crossover event comes to life in the real world, causing a lot of destruction and death around Colorado. Five years later, a direct market retailer joins forces with other characters on a quest to find out the cause behind "The Event".
- Ellie: a comic book retailer (direct market) who was evacuated from her home in Colorado during The Event, and wants to return after five years.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 McMillan, Graeme (July 23, 2020). "Image Comics Sets Real-World Series 'Crossover'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 25, 2020.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Marston, George (July 24, 2020). "Donny Cates and Geoff Shaw explain the ambitious story behind Crossover". Newsarama. Retrieved July 25, 2020.
- ↑ Adams, Tim (July 23, 2020). "Crossover: Image Debuts First Look at Cates & Shaw's Explosive New Series". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved July 25, 2020.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Quaintance, Zack (July 23, 2020). "SDCC '20: What is Image Comics' CROSSOVER? Donny Cates explains…". The Beat. Retrieved July 25, 2020.
- ↑ "Creating the Anti-Crossover Event at Image Comics". IGN. July 23, 2020. Retrieved July 28, 2020.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Odgers, Jodi (July 26, 2020). "Comic-[email protected]: Image Teases Crossover's EPIC Scope & Aspirations". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved July 26, 2020.
This article "Crossover (2020 comic book)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.