The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
|Add a Photo|
|Born||1968 (age 53–54)|
North Bay, Ontario
|Education||Master of Fine Arts|
Clara Ursitti is a Canadian-Italian artist based in Glasgow, Scotland. She was born in North Bay, Ontario in 1968.
She studied Fine Art at York University, Toronto and completed her MFA at Glasgow School of Art in 1994.
Her artwork is widely recognised for its innovative use of scent and she is known a pioneer in the field of Olfactory Art. In 1994 she created Self-Portrait in Scent, Sketch no. 1 exhibited at The Centre for Contemporary Arts, Glasgow.
Since then she has exhibited her work internationally in numerous museums, galleries and public spaces. Notable group exhibitions include 'Belle Haleine', at the Museum Tinguely, Basel, 'Something in the Air' at Museum Villa Rot, Ulm, The Tatton Park Biennial 2010, Museum Angewandete Kunst, Frankfurt, the Glasgow International Festival of Contemporary Art, the Gothenburg International Biennial, the Kunstverein Wolfsburg, Studio Voltaire, London. the Living Art Museum Iceland and the Centre For Contemporary Photography in Melbourne. She has also had solo exhibitions at Transmission Gallery, Glasgow, YYZ Artists Outlet, Toronto, the Esther Klein Gallery, Philadelphia, Galleri 54 Gothenburg and the Collective, Edinburgh.
She was interviewed for the academic journal Art & Research in 2008.
She currently teaches on the Sculpture and Environmental Art course at Glasgow School of Art.
In the media
- "Clara Ursitti Self-portrait in Scent, Sketch no 1". claraursitti.com. Retrieved 2020-05-26.
- "belle-haleine - Museum Tinguely". www.tinguely.ch. Retrieved 2020-05-26.
- "Clara Ursitti "Pheromone Link TM"". claraursitti.com. Retrieved 2020-05-26.
- "A Big Stick of Confidence: Scent-based Installation Opens at Esther Klein Gallery". PRWeb. Retrieved 2020-05-26.
- "Art & Research : Clara Ursitti". www.artandresearch.org.uk. Retrieved 2020-05-26.
- Clara Ursitti — glasgow sculpture studios
- Interviewing a scent artist: Clara Ursitti by Laura Estrada
- Clara Ursitti - Art & Research
- Clara Ursitti - Glasgow International
- Clara Ursitti with East of Scotland Car Club | Collective
- Clara Ursitti on linkedin
- Clara Ursitti Archives - Scent Culture Institute
- Clara Ursitti | Artist Bio and Art for Sale | Artspace
This article "Clara Ursitti" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.