The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
|Add a Photo|
|Born||April 8, 1970|
Chris Lukhaup (born 8 April 1970) is a German musician, author, photographer and aquarist.
Early years and music career
Chris Lukhaup was born in Brașov, Romania to German parents. He went to high school at Waiblingen and after graduation he studied at Ludwig Eberhardt Gymnasium and University of Stuttgart.
In 1995, Lukhaup joined German metal band Atrocity (band)|Atrocity as the bassist. With other members of Atrocity he founded the German-Scandinavian band Leaves' Eyes in 2003. He was a member in both bands until 2007 when he quit music.
During world tours, when Lukhaup was an active musician, he used to collect aquatic animals, take pictures and breed them at home. He took part in scientific expeditions and wrote several books in the fields of Invertebrates. His work was published both in scientific journals, such as Nature (journal)|Nature, and in aquarists magazines.
Lukhaup collaborates with the German aquarists company Dennerle. He was working on their invertebrates brand "Shrimp King" (Lukhaup is also known as Shrimp King among the aquarium hobbyists) and published books with the help of the company. Dennerle sponsored his study in Java and thus the Geosesarma dennerle|crab Geosesarma dennerle was named after the company.
Lukhaup is a co-author of many scientific publications and his photographs are also used in other publications.
- ↑ "Interview with Chris Lukhaup - Irish Fish Keepers". irishfishkeepers.com. Retrieved 2020-10-11.
- ↑ "Atrocity – laut.de – Band". laut.de (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2020-10-11.
- ↑ "PiercingMetal Talks To Atrocity's Alex Krull (3/30/2008)". PiercingMetal.com. 2008-03-24. Retrieved 2020-10-11.
- ↑ Scholtz, Gerhard; Braband, Anke; Tolley, Laura; Reimann, André; Mittmann, Beate; Lukhaup, Chris; Steuerwald, Frank; Vogt, Günter (2 February 2003). "Ecology: Parthenogenesis in an outsider crayfish". Nature. 421 (6925): 806. doi:10.1038/421806a. ISSN 0028-0836. PMID 12594502.
- ↑ Ng, Peter K. L.; Schubart, Christoph D.; Lukhaup, Christian (2015). New species of "vampire crabs" (Geosesarma De Man, 1892) from central Java, Indonesia, and the identity of Sesarma (Geosesarma) nodulifera De Man, 1892 (Crustacea, Brachyura, Thoracotremata, Sesarmidae).
This article "Chris Lukhaup" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.