The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
|Add a Photo|
Christopher S. Jeyarajah
November 11, 1970
|Other names||King Of nightlife|
|Years active||2009 - present|
|Known for||BMW Promotion (2012)|
Christopher S. Jeyarajah (born 11 November 1970), better known as Chris Jey, is a Canada event and club promoter from Sri Lanka. His profession, as a talent booker, event planner, marketer, creative director, A&R and event promoter has increased his influence also in Afrobeats across Europe and North America. He is best known for hosting the first and only concert performed by The Notorious B.I.G. in Canada, and the first music promoter to introduce Cardi B  in the city of Toronto, at his event in 2007.
He started event planning in High school after moving from England to Canada with a 40,000 USD asset, which he invested into event planning. He had his first gig in High School with over 400 capacity sold out, after high school he started renting halls to put out shows. In 2000, he introduced Drake twice, at his shows in Toronto and Chris Brown in 2006. He founded BMW Promotion in 2012, a company known for artist booking, talent management, event planning, and promotion in Canada.
In 2020, during his tour to Nigeria before the pandemic, he spoke to Segun Adebayo, on how Afrobeats is taking over nightclubs around the world and his plan to expand his frontiers to the African continent. In 2020, Chris tell's Vanguard Nigeria his plans towards Afrobeats and it's pioneers like Davido, and Tiwa Savage, which he plans going on tour with after the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
In the media
- "Meet International Music Promoter – Chris Jey". The Sun Nigeria. 10 August 2016. Retrieved 28 April 2020.
- Adebayo, Segun. "Canadian International Event Promoter, Chris Jey On The Rise". Nigerian Tribune. Retrieved 27 April 2020.
- TEMISAN, AMOYE. "Afro-beat music is taking over clubs around the world ― Chris Jey, King Of nightlife". Vanguard. Retrieved 24 April 2020.
- "10 Things To Know About Canada's King Of Nightlife- Chris Jey". Independent Nigeria. Retrieved 24 April 2020.
- "Chris Jey of BMW Promo interview - summer jam canada". Youtube. 29 December 2009. Retrieved 2 May 2020.
- "How I Started Business From Throwing High School Parties- Chris Jey". Independent Nigeria. Retrieved 27 April 2020.
- Adebayo, Segun (12 January 2020). "Why I am touring Nigeria, African countries —Chris Jey » Razzmatazz » Tribune Online". Nigerian Tribune. Retrieved 24 April 2020.
- "Meet Chris Jey: CEO, BMW promotion". Vanguard. 26 April 2020. Retrieved 27 April 2020.
- BMW Promo -Chris Jey - Home | Facebook
- Meet Chris Jey: CEO, BMW promotion - Vanguard
- Chris Jey on linkedin
- How I Started Business From Throwing High School Parties- Chris Jey
- Chris Jey (bmwpromo) on twitter