|Born||July 19, 1988|
Desenzano del Garda
|Height||166 cm (5 ft 5 in)|
Chiara Magni (born July 19, 1988) is an Italian contemporary painter. She is the founder of the Bright Expressionism style of painting that incorporates elements of both Impressionism and Expressionism involving bold use of colors and textures.
Magni was honored with the Artist of the year 2018 award from the Maison d'arte of Padova and also the Creativity Artist of the year 2020 award by Art now. She has been published in several media outlets for her unique paintings along with getting featured in numerous exhibitions in the United Kingdom and Switzerland.
Early life and education
Magni was born in 1988 to Luca Magni and Loretta Podavini in Italy. Since she was a kid, Magni was inclined towards a creative path and always searched for unique ways to express herself. She painted her first oil painting at 9.
To pursue her passion, Magni began Art School but dropped out to continue the self-study and research involving theory and practical studies of arts. Over time, Magni mastered all of the classic painting and drawing mediums.
After getting substantial knowledge of multiple painting mediums, Magni, in her early 20s, chose oil paint as her medium of choice and she has been using that ever since. She started her professional career as a painter in 2013. Soon she created a new painting style to accommodate her sense of uniqueness and called it Bright Expressionism. It is a cross between Impressionism and Expressionism and consists of bold colors and texture.
Magni specializes in finger painting in the oil medium. As a figurative artist, Magni often draws inspiration from her surroundings. She also finds inspiration in female models which is highlighted in her works depicting her innate propensity and support for them.
Magni aims to convey joy through her works in order to weigh out the existing violence and suffering in the world. As of 2021, Magni has sold over 200 paintings.
Magni’s paintings often involve Figurative art comprising vanishing points and uncanny shapes with strict color patterns. Her way of choosing colors is never random. It always comes from a lot of studies and planning. The texture is another key element of her style, that irrespective of other factors has to be perfect and is chosen with precision. Her paintings are filled with bright colors and individuality with warm and colder tones together which establish an intimate feeling.
Magni is the recipient of the Artist of the year 2018 award by the Maison d'arte of Padova and the Creativity Artist of the year 2020 award by Art now.
In the media
- "Chiara Magni Shares Deep Insight Into Her Painting Process". Disrupt Magazine. 2020-06-19. Retrieved 2021-05-06.
- "Bright Expressionism – A New Style Introduced by the Italian Painter, Chiara Magni". The American Reporter. 2021-03-30. Retrieved 2021-05-06.
- Abid, Shirko (2020-06-03). "Chiara Magni Italian Artist Interview". EscapeArt Magazine. Retrieved 2021-05-06.
- "Chiara Magni : contemporary Italian Painter - Singulart". www.singulart.com. Retrieved 2021-05-06.
- "Chiara Magni and her unmistakable Art celebreMagazine". celebreMagazine. 2020-10-01. Retrieved 2021-05-06.
- "Chiara Magni, 1988 | Impressionist Finger painter". Tutt'[email protected] | Pittura • Scultura • Poesia • Musica (in italiano). Retrieved 2021-05-06.
- "Chiara Magni Shares Insight on Why She Devotes Her Paintings to Body Positivity". thriveglobal.com. Retrieved 2021-05-06.
- "Chiara Magni, an Italian Oil Painter, Says Being a Paint Artist is Different from What People Expect it to be". The American Reporter. 2021-04-30. Retrieved 2021-05-06.
- "Top 10 Most Influential People of 2020". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2021-05-06.