Number of locations
|Revenue||United States dollar|
Number of employees
Celonis is a Cloud Computing company founded in Munich, Germany. Celonis is co-headquartered in Munich and New York. Celonis was named by Gartner as the market leader in Process Mining in 2019. Celonis sells a Software as a service enterprises and SMEs to improve business processes. The Celonis Execution Management System (EMS) enables business users to identify process gaps, recommends remedial actions, and implements process automation. Celonis was awarded the German Future Prize in 2019 by the President of Germany.
Celonis was founded in 2011 by Alex Rinke, Bastian Nominacher, and Markin Klenk as a university spin-off from the Technical University of Technical University of Munich (TUM). In 2020, Celonis was ranked #39 on the Forbes Cloud 100. In 2019, Celonis was awarded the Gold Stevie Award for "Most Innovative Tech Company of the Year" In July 2015, Celonis signed a reseller agreement with SAP. Celonis has since been offered by SAP as Celonis Process Mining by SAP. Celonis was the first company from the SAP Startup Focus program to sign a reseller agreement with SAP. In 2012, Celonis joined the SAP Startup Focus program. SAP Startup Focus is SAP's accelerator for big-data predictive and real-time analytics startups building new applications on the SAP HANA platform.
In June 2016, Celonis received $27.5M in Series A funding led by 83North and Accel. In June 2018, Celonis received a further $50M in Series B funding at a valuation of $1B. The funding round was led by 83North and Accel. In November 2019, Celonis closed $290M in Series C funding at a valuation of $2.5B. The funding round was led by Arena Holdings alongside 83North, Accel, and a group of principal investors including Ryan Smith and Craig Courtemanche (founder of Procore).
In April 2019, Celonis Belgian software company Banyas for an undisclosed amount. Banyas technology was integrated into the Celonis platform to enable real-time connectivity to SAP. In October 2020, Celonis acquired Czech software startup Integromat for "over $100M". Integromat sells an iPaaS platform, describing itself as the "glue of the internet". The Integromat product will be integrated into the Celonis platform to add automation capabilities.
In October 2020, Celonis launched the Execution Management System (EMS). The Celonis EMS combines analytics, strategy, management, action, and automation to remove complexity within processes. The new EMS platform is built upon Celonis' existing process mining technology.
The Celonis Studio, released as part of the EMS platform, allows partners and clients to build execution apps which can then be distributed through the EMS Store.
|Version||Release Date||Primary Deployment|
|Celonis Execution Management System (EMS)||October 2020||Public Cloud|
|Celonis Intelligent Business Cloud (IBC)||October 2018||Public Cloud|
- "Market Guide for Process Mining". Gartner. Retrieved 2020-12-25.
- "CELONIS - from start-up to world market leader". Technical University of Munich - School of Management. 2019-12-03. Retrieved 2020-11-06.
- "The Cloud 100 2020". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-11-06.
- "Per Bootstrapping zum globalen SAP-Partner". Gründerszene Magazin (in Deutsch). 2015-09-17. Retrieved 2020-11-09.
- Magazin, E.-3 (2017-06-28). "Process Mining mit künstlicher Intelligenz". E-3 Magazin (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2020-11-09.
- "SAP Startup Focus Drives Enterprise Innovation, Exceeds 5,500 Startup Members". SAP News Center. 2017-05-02. Retrieved 2020-11-09.
- "Celonis takes $27.5M led by Accel, 83North to grow the market for big data process mining". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2020-11-06.
- "Celonis scores $50M Series B on $1B valuation". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2020-11-06.
- "Celonis raises $290 million for AI-powered process mining at $2.5 billion valuation". VentureBeat. 2019-11-21. Retrieved 2020-11-06.
- "Celonis process mining edges toward autonomous enterprise". SearchERP. Retrieved 2020-11-06.
- "Celonis pushes beyond process mining into automated workflow tooling". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2020-11-06.
- "Celonis acquires Czech startup Integromat to accelerate move to process automation". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2020-11-06.
- "Online Automation Platform Integromat Records 10X Growth With Emphasis on Project Management & Community Marketing". BW people. Retrieved 2020-11-09.
- "German software firm Celonis launches the market's first EMS". aeresearch.net. 2020-10-16. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "Celonis onthult het eerste Execution Management System in de industrie". Emerce (in Nederlands). Retrieved 2020-11-10.