Type of site
|Founded||2004in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada|
|Key people||Ben Mirecki (president)|
|Products||Online Automotive Marketplace|
|Parent||Autopath Technologies Inc.|
Carpages.ca is a Canadian online marketplace for buying and selling new and used cars. The company was founded in 2004, as a division of Canadian technology company, Autopath Technologies Inc that specializes in providing solutions for the automotive retail industry. The site also provides users with automotive reviews, info about dealers and comparison tools to compare financing and insurance options available for cars. The website, after its launch, is named as one of the major Canadian based platform that hosts listings of vehicles for sale across Canada.
Carpages.ca has been covered in national news outlets as a pioneer to provide a platform for B2B and B2C operations to connect consumers with certified used and new car dealers.
Carpages.ca was founded in 2004 by Autopath Technologies Inc. as an online automotive marketing platform to connect car buyers with car sellers. The company headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario. The platform started offering a full automotive product line that includes used car listing, nearby dealers, finance and insurance related services. In 2015, Carpages.ca partnered with Carfax Canada to enhance functionality like adding vehicle history and recall alerts to the website's shopping and vehicle information pages. In April 2019, a new mobile inventory tool was released to integrate multiple online marketplaces in realtime: Carpages.ca, Kijiji, AutoTrader, CarGurus, and Facebook Marketplace. Vehicle listings can be created and edited by scanning a vehicle's VIN and the information is automatically uploaded into the listing form fields.
Amidst the Covid-19 Pandemic In April 2020, Carpages.ca started a contactless way to buy a car.“Buy From Home”, allows buyers to tour, inspect, and sign documents online. Once a vehicle is purchased, the dealer drops off the disinfected car at the new owner's home.
Products and website
Carpages.ca is an online marketplace that enables shoppers to research and purchase new and used cars from certified dealers. The customer can search and differentiate cars by body style, make and model, city, price range, mileage, and other features. The specialized editorial team of Carpages.ca reviews new and used cars. The team is well versed to educate car buyers with various tips, blogs, guides, and best practices.
The “Carpages.ca ” app is available on iOS and Android devices.
Awards and recognition
2014 Webby Awards Honoree for excellence in “Web: General Website, Car Sites and Car Culture.”
In the media
- Owens, DeAnn (2020-03-31). "Projected Maintenance Costs Are Low with Ram 1500". The News Wheel. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "Mercedes-Benz Canada Partners With Kruger Products To Deliver Essential Supplies To Front-Line Healthcare Professionals – Canadian Auto World". www.canadianautoworld.ca. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "Honda Civic celebrates 15 years as Canada's best-selling car". Carpages Blog. 2013-01-08. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited Road Test". Carpages Blog. 2016-04-22. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "2016 Subaru Crosstrek Review & Road Test". Carpages Blog. 2016-04-27. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "Coronavirus impact on Amazon Prime Day and Black Friday". Tamebay. 2020-04-07. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupé Review and Road Test". Carpages Blog. 2011-12-08. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "15 Used Cars That Should Stay On The Lot". HotCars. 2020-03-22. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "Mazda Canada announces 2013 Mazda CX-5 to start at $22,995". Carpages Blog. 2012-01-01. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "TomTom launches custom area analysis to help optimize road network performance". Carpages Blog. 2011-07-15. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "15 Sickest BMW Cars You Can Buy For Under $20,000". TheThings. 2020-02-12. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- Henderson, John, "You can get used to anything", Morals and Villas in Seneca'sLetters, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, pp. 28–39, ISBN 978-0-511-48222-9, retrieved 2020-06-18
- "2019 Remarketing's Under 40 honorees". Auto Remarketing. 2019-03-07. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "Subaru BRZ STi Concept tries to steal the show in LA". Carpages Blog. 2011-11-16. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "Five Great Canadian Road Trips". Carpages Blog. 2013-08-22. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "News Roundup: A record new Cannonball Run, and a Ford Bronco Sport delay". Driving. 2020-04-18. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "Ignition: 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500". Carpages Blog. 2012-07-04. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "Right hand drive vehicles: an enthusiast's whimsy or the working man's ultimate tool?". Carpages Blog. 2013-02-12. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "Carpages.ca Launches Contactless Online Marketplace to Buy Cars, Adhering to COVID-19 Guidelines – Canadian Auto World". www.canadianautoworld.ca. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "Dealership closures change car sales tactics in Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick". Driving. 2020-04-08. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "Buying a car during the pandemic? Here are a few tips to help you". Toronto. 2020-04-15. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "New program allows shoppers to buy cars from home". KitchenerToday.com. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "Carpages.ca Launches 'Dashboard' Mobile App For Dealers – Canadian Auto World". www.canadianautoworld.ca. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- "Carpages.ca -- The Webby Awards". Retrieved 2020-06-18.