|Born||July 17 1912|
|Citizenship||United States Of America|
|Education||Cleveland Central High School|
Carman Newsome (1912 - July 17, 1974) was an actor and musician in the United States. His work includes leading roles in five Oscar Micheaux films. He was from Kansas and moved to Cleveland, Ohio. In Cleveland he went to Cleveland Central High School and started a band. Newsome died in Cleveland. He starred in Micheaux's 1938 film Birthright.
- God's Step Children (1937)
- Lying Lips (1938) as Benjamin Hadnott
- Swing (1938 film)
- Birthright (1939)
- The Notorious Elinor Lee (1940)
- "Jazzed in Cleveland - Part 60 - Carman Newsome". 18.104.22.168.
- Jackson, L. A. (December 12, 2010). "Musicology 2101: A Quick Start Guide to Music Biz History". MKM Publishing – via Google Books.
- "God's Step Children / Oscar Micheaux presents ; distributed by Micheaux Pictures Corporation". Library of Congress, Washington, D.C. 20540 USA.
- "Lying Lips". www.tcm.com.
This article "Carman Newsome" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.