The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
|Alderman, City of St. Louis for Ward 20|
|Assumed office |
|Born||September 11, 1978|
|Alma mater||Truman State University|
Cara Spencer (born September 11, 1978), is an American politician from the state of Missouri. She currently serves on the Board of Alderman of the City of St. Louis representing 20th Ward which is located in South St. Louis City and includes Dutchtown, Gravois Park, Marine Villa, Mount Pleasant neighborhoods and the Cherokee Street Business District.
Spencer grew up in South St. Louis City and St. Louis County. She received a degree in Mathematics from Truman State University. Prior to becoming an elected official, she did mathematical modeling for St. Louis based company Tessellon.
Spencer was first elected as Alderman of the city's 20th Ward in April 2015 after beating incumbent Craig Schmid - who held the seat for 2 decades - in the Democratic primary election, and beating independent candidate Stephen Jehle and Green Party candidate Vickie Ingram in the general election.
Spencer worked with fellow alderman Chris Carter to co-develop and implement the "mow-to-own" program allowing residents to obtain an adjacent city-owned lot by mowing it for a period of 1 year.
Spencer was re-elected in 2019 receiving 70% of the vote in the primary election and 96% of the vote in the general election.
Spencer, a vocal opponent against the privatization efforts of the St. Louis Lambert International Airport, led a successful campaign against privatizing St. Louis Lambert International Airport, which contributed to the privatization effort being cancelled.
Consumers council of missouri
In 2016, Spencer was appointed the executive director of the Consumers Council of Missouri, a non-profit founded in 1971 which advocates for the collective interests of Missouri consumers through leadership and partnerships on issues such as utility rates, health care access, and personal finance.
In 2016, an ethics complaint was filed against Spencer by attorney Jane Dueker. The complaint, alleged that Spencer failed to disclose a personal financial interest related to legislation she introduced regulating payday lending. The case was dismissed.
In August 2020, Spencer was the target of a petition to recall her from her position as Alderman of the 20th Ward. The petition was organized by Metropolitan Strategies and Solution, a consulting firm that supported the St. Louis Lambert International Airport privatization efforts. 
| Alderman of the 20th Ward
In the media
- "Election Summary Report March 3, 2015" (PDF). St. Louis Government Website. 9 Mar 2015. Retrieved 21 Feb 2020.
- Kevin S. Held (13 Jan 2020). "Alderwoman Cara Spencer to challenge Mayor Lyda Krewson in 2021 primary". Fox2Now. Retrieved 21 Feb 2020.
- Nassim Benchaabane (13 Jan 2020). "Alderman Cara Spencer running for mayor of St. Louis". St. Louis Today. Retrieved 21 Feb 2020.
- Danny Wicentowski (13 Jan 2020). "St. Louis Alderwoman Cara Spencer First to Challenge Krewson for Mayor". River Front Times. Retrieved 21 Feb 2020.
- Jason Rosenbaum; Jo Mannies (13 Jan 2020). "Politically Speaking: Alderman Spencer on entering the fray at the Board of Aldermen". St. Louis Public Radio. Retrieved 21 Feb 2020.
- "Cara Spencer on Ballotpedia". Ballotpedia. Retrieved 21 Feb 2020.
- Doyle Murphy (14 Dec 2015). "Here's a New Plan for Overgrown St. Louis Lots: Mow to Own". River Front Times. Retrieved 21 Feb 2020.
- Mark Schlinkmann (21 Dec 2019). "St. Louis airport privatization effort is dead, Krewson says". St. Louis Today. Retrieved 21 Feb 2020.
- Schlinkmann, Mark. "St. Louis airport privatization saga continues at Board of Aldermen". STLtoday.com. Retrieved 2020-08-10.
- Tim Curtis (20 May 2016). "Spencer named new executive director of Consumers Council of Missouri". Missouri Today. Retrieved 21 Feb 2020.
- Koran Addo (11 Oct 2016). "Ethics complaint? against St. Louis alderman dismissed". St. Louis Today. Retrieved 21 Feb 2020.
- Schlinkmann, Mark. "Petition drive launched to put recall of Alderman Cara Spencer on Nov. 3 ballot". STLtoday.com. Retrieved 2020-08-10.
- "Supporters of Lambert Airport Privatization tries to recall their main critic on the Board of Aldermen". FOX 2. 2020-08-10. Retrieved 2020-08-10.
- Cara Spencer on Facebook
- Cara Spencer on Instagram
- Cara Spencer on Twitter
- Cara Spencer for Mayor of St. Louis City
- Cara Spencer - Ballotpedia
- Alderman Cara Spencer - City of St. Louis, MO
- Cara Spencer, 20th Ward Alderman | Nebula
- Cara Spencer | - Truman State University
- Cara Spencer – MetroSTL.com
This article "Cara Spencer" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.