|Founded||March 18, 2013|
|Headquarters||Jl. Makaliwe Raya No.36, RT.2/RW.5, Grogol, Grogol petamburan,, |
Kota Jakarta Barat,
|Tomy Yunus (Chief Executive Officer)|
Yohan Limerta (Chief Technology Officer)
Margarita Tan (Chief Creative Officer)
|Products||Live teaching platform|
Cakap is a Jakarta based online e-learning language platform which offers a new approach to language learning by connecting students with tutors via video call.
Cakap, which means competent in Indonesia, is a live teaching platform which formerly known as Squline that provides accessible online education in Indonesia. It offers a 2-way interaction learning method for Cakap students who learn languages from professional tutors through text or video calls. Cakap, still under the name Squline at that time, started the course with Mandarin language in 2014, English in 2015, and Japanese in the year 2016. In 2019, Squline rebrands into Cakap and went mobile first. Cakap helps students to study at their convenient places and avoid high tuition cost, inconvenient scheduling, outdated books and long commute times. Cakap team up with the Bawah Anambas Foundation to upgrade the quality of education mainly for English literacy for the students in Anambas. They also team up with Yayasan Cinta Anak Bangsa Foundation to promote education in English at Bangli Learning House, Bali. Squline officially changed its company logo and name as Cakap. This firm provides language courses for Mandarin, Japanese, Indonesian and English by allowing users to take up the trail with professional tutors and on-demand schedule. It conducts a digital assessment in Sumba Timur districts, Sabu Raijua, East Nusa Tenggara Province using the common European Framework.
Cakap secured Series A round funding from Investidea Ventures.
- Cakap’s official website
- Cakap on Linkedin
- Cakap on Facebook
- Cakap on Instagram
- Cakapon Twitter
- Cakap on Youtube
Cakap in Media
- Akhaya, Prisca. "Language e-learning platform Squline rebrands into Cakap, breaking local record". e27. Retrieved 2020-02-24.
- "Squline Changes Product Name Into "Cakap by Squline" | Dailysocial". dailysocial.id. Retrieved 2020-02-24.
- investor.id. "Kemampuan Berbahasa Inggris Siswa di NTT Masih Pemula". investor.id (in Bahasa Indonesia). Retrieved 2020-02-24.
- "Startup Cakap Dorong Masyarakat NTT Tingkatkan Kemampuan Bahasa Inggris". Retrieved 2020-02-24.
- "Squline Secures Series A Funding, Focused on Technology Development and New Talent Acquisition | Dailysocial". dailysocial.id. Retrieved 2020-02-24.