Brigham Preventive Genomics Clinic
The Preventive Genomics Clinic at Brigham and Women’s Hospital is a clinical service that opened in August 2019 to provide DNA sequencing, comprehensive interpretation, and reporting of disease-related genes for healthy adults and children. The clinic is the first to offer preventive genomic sequencing to children as well as to adults.
The Brigham Preventive Genomics Clinic offers individuals the opportunity to choose from a menu of laboratory tests that included limited and less expensive panel tests (for patients who are most concerned about cancer or cardiovascular risk) and large scale screening of thousands of genes
The clinic offers its patients the opportunity to join an NIH-funded longitudinal study that will track outcomes over several years.
The clinic’s director is Dr. Robert C. Green, lead author of a 2013 statement by the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics that recommended that patients who receive genetic sequencing for a specific diagnosis be offered additional limited genomic information for preventive purposes. Services offered by the clinic are generally not covered by insurance, and the clinic seeks to generate data about the healthcare benefits of genetic testing.
In the media
- Robbins, Rebecca. "Top U.S. medical centers roll out DNA sequencing clinics for healthy (and often wealthy) clients". Yahoo. STAT News. Retrieved 14 April 2020.
- Preventive Genomics Clinic - Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Brigham and Women's twitter page
- Brigham and Women's facebook page
- Brigham and Women's Hospital linkedin page
- Brigham and Women's Hospital on instagram
- Brigham and Women's Hospital youtube page
- New preventive genomics clinic launches at the Brigham
- Brigham and Women's Hospital Opens Preventive Genomics
- Preventive Genomics - Discover Brigham
This article "Brigham Preventive Genomics Clinic" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.