Brian R. Cheffins
Brian R. Cheffins
|Add a Photo|
Brian Robert Cheffins
21 February 1961
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
|Title||SJ Berwin Professor of Corporate Law|
|Alma mater||University of Victoria |
University of Cambridge
|Sub-discipline||Company law |
Brian Robert Cheffins,(born January 21 1961) is a UK-based legal academic. He has been since 1998 S.J. Berwin Professor of Corporate Law at the University of Cambridge and a fellow of Trinity Hall, Cambridge. Previously he was a professor at the University of British Columbia.
Cheffins was born January 21, 1961 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. He studied history at the University of Victoria, graduating with a B.A. in 1982. Cheffins went to law school at the University of Victoria, graduating with an LL.B. in 1984. He became a member of the Bar of British Columbia in 1985. Cheffins then studied at the University of Cambridge, graduating with an LL.M. in 1986.
In 1986 Cheffins was appointed as an assistant professor at the Faculty of Law at the University of British Columbia. He was promoted to associate professor in 1991 and professor in 1997.
Cheffins moved to the University of Cambridge in 1998 to become the S.J Berwin Professor of Corporate Law. That year he was elected as a fellow at Trinity Hall, Cambridge. Cheffins was a J.M. Keynes Fellow in financial economics from 2014 to 2018. He served as chair of University of Cambridge Law Faculty in 2018-19.
Cheffins has held a number of visiting academic appointments, including visiting professorships at Harvard Law School (2002) and Columbia Law School (2016) and the Thomas K. McCraw Fellowship in US Business History at Harvard Business School (2014).
Cheffins was awarded a Guggenheim Fellowship in 2002. He was awarded a Leverhulme Trust Major Research Fellowship in 2015 that was tenable from 2016 to 2018.
In July 2018, Cheffins was elected a Fellow of the British Academy (FBA), the United Kingdom's national academy for the humanities and social sciences.
- ↑ "Trinity Hall, Cambridge". Trinity Hall, Cambridge. Retrieved 22 Mar 2022.
- ↑ "Cheffins, Prof. Brian Robert, (born 21 Jan. 1961), S. J. Berwin Professor of Corporate Law, and Fellow of Trinity Hall, University of Cambridge, since 1998 (Chair, Faculty of Law, 2018–19)". WHO'S WHO & WHO WAS WHO. doi:10.1093/ww/9780199540884.013.u10735. Retrieved 2022-03-04.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "University of British Columbia (WayBack Machine)". University of British Columbia (WayBack Machine). Retrieved 22 Mar 2022.
- ↑ "Professor Brian Cheffins – 2013 – International Corporate Governance & Law". 2013.icgl.org.au. Retrieved 2021-12-03.
- ↑ "Cambridge Faculty of Law". Cambridge Faculty of Law. Retrieved 22 Mar 2022.
- ↑ "Cambridge University School of the Humanities and Social Sciences, list of JM Keynes Fellows". Cambridge University School of the Humanities and Social Sciences. Retrieved 22 Mar 2022.
- ↑ "Cambridge Faculty of Law (WayBack Machine)". Cambridge Faculty of Law (WayBack Machine). Retrieved 22 Mar 2022.
- ↑ "Harvard Law School (WayBack Machine)". Harvard Law School (WayBack Machine). Retrieved 22 Mar 2022.
- ↑ "Columbia Law School (WayBack Machine)". Columbia Law School (WayBack Machine). Retrieved 22 Mar 2022.
- ↑ "Business History Fellowship Recipients" (PDF). Harvard Business School. Retrieved 3 Dec 2021.
- ↑ "Major Research Fellowships 2015". Leverhulme Trust. Retrieved 3 Dec 2021.
- ↑ "Record Number of Academics Elected to British Academy, British Academy". Fellow of the British Academy. 20 July 2018. Retrieved 3 Dec 2021.
This article "Brian R. Cheffins" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.