The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline.
|Add a Photo|
|Born||May 25, 1975|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Education||Bachelor's degree in political science|
|Alma mater||Appalachian State|
Brian Jean-Mary (born May 24, 1975) is an American football coach and former player who is currently the linebackers coach for the Michigan Wolverines football team. He played college football as an linebacker at Appalachian State Mountaineers football|Appalachian State for coach Jerry Moore (American football, born 1939)|Jerry Moore from 1993 to 1997. He is a former assistant at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets football|Georgia Tech, Louisville Cardinals football|Louisville, Texas Longhorns football|Texas and most recently USF Bulls football|USF.
After finishing his playing career, Jean-Mary was a graduate assistant at the Louisville Cardinals football|University of Louisville and at the South Carolina Gamecocks football|University of South Carolina. His first full-time coaching job was in 2003 at the North Alabama Lions football|University of North Alabama, an NCAA Division II program. After one successful season (13-2 record, Gulf South Conference Championship, 2003 NCAA Division II football season|2003 NCAA Division II playoffs semifinals), he was named linebackers coach at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets football|Georgia Tech, where he coached from 2004 to 2009 with head coaches Chan Gailey and Paul Johnson (American football coach)|Paul Johnson. In 2010, he returned to Louisville as linebackers coach, beginning his long association with head coach Charlie Strong.
On January 15, 2014, Jean-Mary was named Recruiting coordinator and linebackers coach at Texas Longhorns football|Texas under new head coach Charlie Strong.
On January 8, 2017, Brian Jean-Mary was named the defensive coordinator at USF Bulls football|USF.
Jean-Mary earned his bachelor's degree in 1998 in political science from Appalachian State. He and his wife, Jerilyn, have two daughters. Jean-Mary is Haitian-American.
In the media
- "Brian Jean-Mary". MGoBlue.com. Board of Regents of the University of Michigan. Retrieved 21 January 2020.
- "Brian Jean-Mary named Recruiting Coordinator/Linebackers Coach at Texas". TexasSports.com. The University of Texas at Austin. Retrieved 21 January 2020.
- "JEAN-MARY NAMED DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR". GoUSFBulls.com. UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA. Retrieved 21 January 2020.
- "Jean-Mary, Shoop Added to Defensive Staff; Harbaugh Named Special Teams Coordinator". MGoBlue.com. Board of Regents of the University of Michigan. Retrieved 21 January 2020.
- "Michigan football adds Bob Shoop, Brian Jean-Mary to coaching staff". MLive.com. Advanced Local Media LLC. Retrieved 21 January 2020.
This article "Brian Jean-Mary" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.