|Add a Photo|
|Born||October 26th, 1981|
Bojan Marjanović (born October 26th, 1981 in Valjevo, Serbia) is a Serbian pianist and composer.
Bojan grew up in Valjevo, Serbia, where he started playing piano at the age of 15. Having completed Music school "Živorad Grbić" in Valjevo, he moved to Belgrade to study classical piano performance at the Faculty of Music in Belgrade with a renowned Serbian professor Nevena Popović. He received a Bachelor's, Master's and Doctor of Musical Arts|DMA degree in classical piano performance from the Faculty of Music in Belgrade. Simultaneously with the classical training, he was involved in jazz and other genres which he transcribed and learned by ear. In 2016, Bojan moved to Oslo, Norway, where he completed Master's degree in Jazz Piano performance and Continuing studies in Jazz Composition at Norwegian Academy of Music. He studied with Eyolf Dale and Helge Sunde. Along with the studies in Norway, Bojan took a semester at Berklee College of Music where he was studying Jazz arranging and composition with Steve Rochinski, Joseph Mulholland and Brian Lewis.Bojan currently lives in Oslo where he works as a pianist, composer and educator.
In Serbia, Bojan was active on Belgrade scene as a member of several bands and ensembles, both as a classical and a jazz musician. The prize at Debut International Piano Competition provided him with an opportunity for solo debut recital at Carnegie Hall in New York City in 2014. In Norway, Bojan got the opportunity to participate in many projects and to perform with some of well-known Norwegian jazz musicians such as Ole Morten Vågan, Thomas Strønen, Atle Nymo etc. He has given numerous performances (both solo and with different ensembles) at festivals and concerts in most European countries, as well as in Canada and USA.
As a leader/co-leader
Albums as a sideman/guest
- 2018, Roots Almir Mešković & Daniel Lazar (Etnisk musikklubb)
- 2014, Portrait in Bass Uros Spasojevic
- "NMH Eksamenskonsert #12".
- "Stan Getz Tribute". Jazz i Norge.
- каже, Nemanja. "Jazz Future Sessions: Max Kochetov Quartet". www.jazzin.rs.
- "Jazzin.rs". www.jazzin.rs.
- R, Piše: D. J. Z. "KRATKIREZOVI". Dnevni list Danas.
- "Bojan Marjanović svira u Karnegi holu 23. maja". Blic.rs.
- "2014 Winners – Golden Key Festival".
- "The Abstract Youth plays Maria Kannegaard". NMH.
- R, K. "Bojan Marjanović u Karnegi holu". Politika Online.
- "Ovo je bila njihova godina". Politika Online.
- "Saint Sava Serbian Church".
- Tucker, Michael (May 15, 2019). "Uros Spasojevic/Bojan Marjanovic: V".
- Grillo, Tyran (January 8, 2019). "Uros Spasojevic / Bojan Marjanovic: V".
- "Uros Spasojevic, Bojan Marjanovic – V [AMP records 2018]". April 28, 2019.
This article "Bojan Marjanović" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.