Blue Plate Mayonnaise
|Owner||REILY FOODS COMPANY|
Blue Plate is a brand of mayonnaise owned by Reily Foods Company, headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Blue Plate was created by the Wesson Oil & Snowdrift Company in 1929. It was produced in Gretna, Louisiana until 1941 when production was moved to the Blue Plate Building in Gert Town, New Orleans. Reily Foods purchased Blue Plate in 1974 and continued to use the same factory until production was moved in 2000 to the Reily Foods factory in Knoxville, Tennessee. The Blue Plate Building has since been converted into the Blue Plate Artist Lofts and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2018, Epicurious listed Blue Plate as the best mayonnaise you can buy in a grocery store.
- Laboratory, Nicholas Reese with research support from Xavier University of Louisiana's Performance Studies. "Pass the Mayo: The Story of the South's Legendary Spread - Blue Plate Mayonnaise Factory: A Cultural and Historic New Orleans Icon". New Orleans Historical.
- writer, Contributing. "New Orleans history, dressed: The Blue Plate mayonnaise story". NOLA.com.
- Sevier, Joe. "The Best Mayonnaise Money Can Buy". Epicurious.
- Official website
- Blue Plate Mayonnaise on Facebook
- Blue Plate Mayonnaise on Instagram
- on 's channelYouTube
This article "Blue Plate Mayonnaise" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.