|Elena Shifrina, CEO|
Number of employees
BioFoodLab is a private company headquartered in Moscow, Russia. It develops and markets plant-based healthy snacks, such as fruit and nut bars, probiotic bars, granola, vegetable milks, oat crackers, crispbreads and fruit syrups. BioFoodLab was founded in 2012 by Elena Shifrina. It raised a multi-million-dollar round of venture capital investment from steel magnates Alexander Abramov and Aleksandr Frolov (businessman)|Aleksander Frolov, shareholders in Evraz Group, in 2018. It distributes products in over 20,000 locations in 15 countries, including China, Japan, the UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and the UK.
BioFoodLab was founded in 2012. It began producing fruit and nut bars under the brand "Bite." The company later began offering three additional fruit and nut bar brands. Nielsen Corporation reported that the four brands hold a 39-percent market share in the fruit and nut bar category in Russia.
Over the next nine years, BioFoodLab gradually introduced other plant-based products, including probiotic bars, granolas, oat crackers, gluten-free snacks of green buckwheat and spices, gluten-free crispbreads, vegetable milks, fruit syrups, corn puffs, chewy jellies, gluten-free cookies and oat-and-fruit cubes. In 2019, the company launched a whey-protein line under the brand "Cyber" that includes bars, cookies, shakes and crispbreads.
Today, BioFoodLab sells more than 100 products and turns over 1.5 billion rubles ($20 million) annually.
BioFoodLab products are distributed at over 20,000 stores in Russia and abroad, including China, Japan, the UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Estonia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Latvia and the UK. 
Euromonitor named BioFoodLab Russia's number-one snack brand and the innovation leader in the naturally healthy packaged food segment.
- Mitin, Yuri (14 December 2017). "Полезный укус". Kommersant. Retrieved 14 December 2020.
- Sinitsyna, Irina (17 December 2017). "Совладельцы Evraz Александр Абрамов и Александр Фролов займутся снеками". Vedomosti. Retrieved 14 December 2020.
- Fox, Katrina (8 March 2018). "How This Vegan Female Russian Entrepreneur Is Taking On The Healthy Snacks Market". Forbes. Retrieved 14 December 2020.
- Karasaeva, Olga (10 November 2020). "Bite вместо борща". The Village. Retrieved 14 December 2020.
- Aulikh, Sofia (9 November 2020). "Bite запустил новую линейку протеиновых снеков Cyber". Buro247. Retrieved 14 December 2020.
- Aris, Ben (12 November 2020). "Russian Health Food Startup Soars During Pandemic". The Moscow Times. Retrieved 14 December 2020.